Imagine a future where you optimize procurement to create a diverse and inclusive world that runs entirely on green energy
Join us in this role where you’ll be supporting the project manager and lead procurement manager for US offshore wind projects with daily procurement activities, working closely with our stakeholders. You’ll manage the proper handling of contracts and claims, holding responsibility for preparing and conducting supplier negotiations.
Welcome to North America Procurement
You’ll be part of a growing and diverse US offshore team which prides itself on inclusivity where you, together with your colleagues, will oversee transitioning vendors from sourcing to contract management, as well as track and negotiate changes to contracts with key suppliers. Our team consist of 11 skilled procurement professionals who collaborate with the global procurement team as well as local project teams, developing and building U.S. offshore wind farms. I addition, you’ll be reporting directly to the Head of Procurement North America.
You’ll play an important role in:
- handling various types of contracts, incl. consultancy, construction, logistics, manufacturing, and permitting
- collaborating with global colleagues in the UK, EU, and APAC to identify and achieve synergies across offshore wind projects, coordinating with a multidisciplinary project team
- ensuring that there is a contractual alignment between business and project objectives
- tracking expenditure and managing supplier invoices
- ensuring that procurement and contractual targets are met, building support, and making recommendations for the best commercial decisions.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s degree or, alternatively, a minimum of three years’ experience in a relevant position
- possess excellent communication skills
- have a proactive, organized, and systematic approach to your work tasks
- are proficient with Microsoft Office and online platforms
- thrive in a dynamic environment, demonstrating the ability to balance competing priorities.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us