Category Specialist - HR
Role: Category Specialist – HR and Professional Services
This is an opportunity to join the recently established in-house Global Procurement function. To introduce best practice processes and procedures, build relationships and deliver strategic value through the end-to-end Procurement process.
Guidance and strategic advice to all stakeholders
- Managing & executing procurement projects; both supporting and influencing strategic & commercial decisions related to various categories/projects
- Stakeholder and Supplier Management related to the category both during the procurement and service delivery stage
- Proactive management and accountability for all procurement activity and 3rd party spend within specified categories.
- Proactive engagement with the business and or service functions to plan and support procurement activity, supplier relationship, savings & efficiency performance and contract management
- Building and establishing relationships with stakeholders across all levels of the company and supporting any Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) integration as and when required.
- Support the Global Category Managers with the implementation and communication of the Procurement strategy plan for categories including supplier management as appropriate
- Take ownership of categories / individual projects as required
- Monitor and Report savings benefits
- Undertake industry and supply market analysis.
- Tender preparation, running sourcing/Rfx events and supplier analysis/evaluation
- Conduct supplier negotiations for contracts/supplier agreements
- Draft and assess of contracts, understanding key risks for different goods / services
Spend / Contract Management
- Ensure compliance to sourcing and contract management processes and professional ethics
- Maintain a central contract register containing a database of all executed contracts
- Manage supplier performance reviews and drive continuous improvement
- Proactively manage contract scheduling for the Procurement function
- Work with Service areas/functions to manage performance and relationship with suppliers
- Drive continuous improvement across the supplier base and process improvements that deliver tangible service and commercial outcomes
- Be the contact point for suppliers
Essential Skills & Experience
- Proven specialist experience within Indirect Procurement with the ability to work across multiple sub-categories within HR and Professional Services
- Ability to work self-sufficiently with a can-do attitude
- Experience of managing end–to-end procurement and supplier management
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-moving environment and adapt to change
- Ability to deliver successful negotiations results and contract tendering
- Demonstrable experience operating in a commercially focused / strategic procurement team with understanding of internal accounting practices and cost attribution
- Notable level of procurement delivery including RFx, market analysis, supplier management and oversight.
- Excellent levels of written and verbal communication, with strong influencing skills
- Ability to build solid and lasting working relationships
- Demonstrable knowledge of global/regional delivery across complex environments
- Experience of utilising and managing procurement systems and tools
- Strong analytical experience and ability to understand and interpret information, bringing insight
- Excellent IT and numeracy skills • CIPS qualified or working towards qualification is desirable
Business Services Competencies
Clyde & Co is committed to providing extensive, personal and professional development opportunities for our people enabling them to be highly effective in their current role as well as assisting them to fulfil their career aspirations. The competencies are used to inform all aspects of Business Services career development. They vary across levels and different business areas and fall under the following areas:
- Technical Excellence
- People and Team
- Client/Stakeholder Relationships
- Service Delivery and Commercial Awareness
- Personal Effectiveness
This is the job description as constituted at present; however the Firm reserves the right to reasonably amend it in accordance with the changing needs of the business.