Head of Gas & Power Trading Operations
6 days left
- Full Time
Head of Gas & Power Trading Operations - growing a new global business
Experienced Head of Gas & Power Trading Operations sought to initially lead and grow my client's European business, and then to grow their Global business, reporting directly into the Global CEO.
My client is a very well established, yet rapidly growing supplier of software and services to the international wholesale energy (Gas & Power) trading markets, with an enviable position in facilitating the entry of renewable energy into wholesale energy markets, with offices in London, Paris, Brussels, Sydney, Singapore and Houston. Best known for their award-winning energy trading software which is used by Gas & Power Trading businesses globally, they have been expanding into the services, out-of-hours support global market and are now looking for a senior leader to lead all facets of their services business growth globally.
Already with a small team in place, spread across the globe supporting over 20 clients, including some of the largest Gas & Power Trading businesses on the planet, this isn't a complete Greenfield position, but it is a very entrepreneurial opportunity for a Head of Gas & Power Trading Operations to grow their own business within a business.
Your Gas & Power services business will provide round the sun, out-of-hours support for gas & power trading desks but with staff who are working their normal core hours (9-5pm), it's just that they are based in Houston, London, Paris, Singapore and Sydney, where my client already has offices. The role will have you setting up their services business wherever you decide to base it in Europe (London, Paris, Frankfurt, Madrid etc), hiring your own team, setting your strategy and growth plans (with board approval), so it's a very entrepreneurial role/opportunity, albeit within a very successful and established global business.
Salary: very flexible depending on the right individual as my client are looking for the right senior leader + equity + bonus + benefits
Key skills & experience needed
- 10 years+ commercial experience and a proven track record working for an energy trading business working in a Head of Gas & Power Trading Operations role ESSENTIAL
- Deep Gas & Power Trading Operations knowledge gained ideally in Europe, although you could have North American, Asian or Australasian etc experience, as this role will grow to be a Global role anyway
- This role will start in Europe, so you need to either live or be happy to relocate to the UK or Continental Europe for this role
- You could have working for a large global Gas & Power Trading business or a smaller trading business
- Excellent people leadership skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset and ability to grow a business and set the strategy
- Typically bright and degree educated
- A UK passport (if UK based) or European passport (if based in Continental Europe) is preferred, although my client could sponsor a visa for an outstanding candidate if needed
For more information, please e-mail through an up-to-date copy of your CV to Ben at jobsBR@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Apply for Head of Gas & Power Trading Operations
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly