Category Manager - Tech (B4)
- Before applying please ensure your CV is tailored to the role specifically
- This role can be based in Liverpool, Birmingham, Newport or Norwich
About Our Client
The Technology Directorate within the Crown Commercial Service (CCS)
Our focus is to be a partner of choice for our customers when they are buying technology and to offer a flexible route to market for suppliers while ensuring unrivalled 'value for money' for all. We pride ourselves on delivering category expertise, whether designing robust category strategies or delivering 'best in class' commercial agreements/frameworks, with additional advisory support. We are seeking talented Assistant Category Managers to join our Technology Directorate, responsible for the performance of complex commercial agreements/frameworks in the following categories:
- Digital Future
- Technology Solutions & Outcomes
- Network Services
- Technology Products & Services
- Framework management for one/or more commercial agreements within the Technology pillar. Ensuring effective spend, performance management, budget and forecasting alignment, contractual service level agreements (SLA's) reporting and associated commercial risk management
- Work with business and supply chains to ensure consistent standards across the Technology agreements to include compliance, ethical procurement practice and alignment with our procedures, values and policies.
- Develop robust methodology and KPIs to measure and track commercial benefits (savings) and drive up supplier performance.
- Review and monitor customer buying behaviour, performance and trends/ feedback to improve framework performance and feed into the category strategies lead by colleagues in the immediate and wider team.
- Work with business and supplier(s) to identify, track and report projects or pipeline opportunities.
- Work across categories within the Technology Pillar and our Customer Experience Directorate to identify opportunities and strategies to leverage volume and generate price benefits through aggregated purchasing, as well as aligning with the category business plan.
- Conduct ongoing promotional activity with customers and stakeholders across the Public Sector to increase awareness of new, existing or renewed commercial agreements.
- To be able to communicate insights and provide advice to business and stakeholders on category strategies, commercial agreements, supplier market and key differentiators.
- (Where a catalogue portal is used) oversee the provision of an effective and compliant catalogue of product and service offerings, to support customer retention and promote further growth in spend and commercial benefits.
- Lead or support the creation, development and implementation of 'Best in Class' category strategies across a designated area or category
- Lead Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) programme for the category, ensuring supplier engagement is consistent and engagement outputs inform future strategies
- Providing guidance to customers on procurement strategies; maintaining procurement ethics in accordance with global policies.
- Engaging with key stakeholders in order to understand innovation and future market opportunities to drive Category strategy plans. Making sure that they are aligned to Technology's functional and business targets.
- Lead on User Research and market engagement groups to support and inform strategic delivery
- To be able to articulate to business and stakeholders the benefits of the category strategies, supplier market and key differentiators.
- Carry out market testing through benchmarking, rightsourcing reviews and other market intelligence to identify new opportunities
- Continually improve, review and come up with innovative ideas to support the development of the Technology commercial agreement landscape
The Successful Applicant
- You are passionate about procurement with demonstrable experience of working in a Procurement, Category Management or Supply Chain development/operational environment, with a working knowledge of the procurement lifecycle and associated regulations
- You are a commercially astute, an exceptional communicator, with strong stakeholder and supplier management skills focussed on the delivery of outstanding quality service and value to our customers
- Experience of managing successful high performing commercial agreements and/or large contracts in a complex, pressured environment, managing multiple projects with an awareness of risk management
- Experience in the collation, analysis and presentation of management information to inform the creation of growth strategies and identify opportunities to extract greater value.
- You have a breadth of industry knowledge specific to the Technology/ I.T. sector with the drive to seek out changes in the market and sector insights to inform strategy, or a keen interest in ICT and Technology
- Ability to extract, analyse, interpret, and use complex information and data to inform and develop category strategy.
Behaviours (to be assessed at interview):
- Changing and Improving
- Working Together
- Managing a Quality Service
- Delivering at Pace
Technical (to be assessed at interview)
Technical / Behaviours (to be assessed via a presentation)
- Framework management
- Strategy development and implementation
- Communicating & influencing
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary
- Generous pension scheme
- A discretionary non-contractual performance related bonus Employee Benefits
A working environment that promotes a positive work / life balance with flexible working options which include:
- Working remotely in addition to working in advertised office location
- Further flexible working applications after 26 weeks service
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Minimum 25 days annual leave to a maximum service related 30 days excluding bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption or shared parental leave* Generous special leave provision
- 3 paid volunteering days per year
- Paid time off for public service duties, for example armed forces reservist
- Learning and development tailored to your role - 5 days paid learning and development leave per year (Reimbursement of professional memberships)
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- An extensive wellbeing programme, supporting mental and physical health
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPYCJN0420225429018Z
Apply for Category Manager - Tech (B4)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly