IT Procurement Category Manager
Procurement Category Manager IT - Established and Renowned Public Sector Organisation - Hybrid Working
Location: Northwest London
Contact Isabelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
This established and refined Public Sector Organisation is seeking a skilled IT Procurement Category Manager to join their wider procurement function. This role offers the unique opportunity to shape and mould the procurement strategy and methodology for the IT subcategories within a relatively immature procurement function, allowing the successful candidate to run the category to their own specifications, whilst adhering to the integrity and values of the organisation.
This day to day of this role will include working with Tier 1 suppliers to source the best possible Software, Hardware, IT Services across the organisation. It will also entail working with SME's within the local community so as to bolster the sustainable procurement of the organisation. When in office you will be working on a campus with numerous amenities such as cafes and gyms.
IT Procurement Category Manager Role Involves:
- Working with Tier 1 suppliers, to facilitate the effective management of IT procurement across a variety of areas, including but not limited to: Software, Hardware, Cloud, Infrastructure, Networks, Telecoms, Software Licensing.
- The opportunity to develop category plans which underpin the procurement sourcing strategies of the organisation.
- Being part of a wider team responsible for creating a highly effective and centrally co-ordinated procurement function.
- Creating proactive relationships with relevant stakeholders, across all levels, in order to create a collaborative working environment.
- To identify and anticipate areas of cost saving and value adding across IT within the organisation.
IT Procurement Category Manager Success Profile:
- An excellent and proven knowledge base within IT procurement categories, and procurement strategy.
- A track record of strong effective written and verbal communication skills
- Degree and MCIPS preferred but not essential.
- Mixed experience within both public and private sector work is preferred but not essential.
- The ability to maintain a high level of credibility while facilitating the delivery of substantial and sustainable savings.
If you feel you could be successful within this role please send your profile to Isabelle at email@example.com
Procurement, Procurement Category Manager, IT Procurement, Procurement Generalist, IT Category Manager, IT Procurement Generalist, Communication, Degree, MCIPS, MCIPS Equivalent, E-Sourcing, Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, Procurement analytics, Hardware Procurement, Software procurement, Cloud procurement, Network procurement, Infrastructure procurement.