Indirect Procurement Catgegory Manager - Global Blue Chip
Category Manager - Leading Global Consultancy - London - £45-50k + Package Benefits
Global Consultancy firm seeks ambitious Procurement professional to take on their direct and indirect spend whilst working out of their stylish offices just outside of London.
This Category Manager role will favour somebody with a real drive and passion for Procurement and is looking to gain valuable experience by covering a wide range of market spend. This role will have you working very closely senior members of the Procurement team and is tailored towards natural progression to Head of Procurement within 18 months.
The firm are a well-renowned name operating globally in over 40 countries worldwide spread out across some of the top major cities in the world including Paris, Milan, San Francisco, Dubai etc... This will have the successful Category Manager travelling to some of these wonderful locations on business without having to cut into any holiday time.
Procurement Manager Responsibilities:
- Managing a large spend across indirect markets - spanning a large range of categories.
- Develop new strategies for business development and reporting to senior members as to how the company may take advantage of them.
- Negotiate, and create relationships with, internal & external suppliers whilst developing a strong network for each particular market.
- Use computer processes that are currently in place, looking at each entire category and generating savings across them.
- Manage stakeholder relationships - ensuring a positive working relationship is in place.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Proven track record of managing a large spend and delivering savings
- History of negotiating with the ability to influence decisions in your favour
- Good communication skills with past experience managing supplier and stakeholder relationships
- Friendly, driven person looking to maintain high standards and set an example for self as well as others
- Driving license
- IT literate, ability to use computer systems
- CIPS (desirable)
- Degree level 2.1 or equivalent (desirable)
This is a great opportunity for a Procurement Professional that is looking to enter a global environment and take on real responsibility and the prestige that comes with representing such a firm. If you are interested in this role and feel you have the relevant skill set and experience please contact Sophie at email@example.com