Procurement Lead (Maternity Cover)
It's knowing your expertise is helping to build on our history
It's working as one to deliver impressive projects. And it's providing the insight and support that takes the whole Household forward. This is what makes working for the Royal Household exceptional.
The size, complexity and heritage of the Royal estate will present you with some truly fascinating, and often unique, challenges.
Joining our professional and skilled in-house team, you'll organise and plan a varied portfolio of procurements for goods, services and works across the Royal estates in London and Windsor.
You'll provide advice and expertise on end-to-end governance for your procurements, ensuring all activities are managed to improve efficiency, quality and value.
Every day, like every procurement, will be different. As a key point of contact between internal clients, procurement colleagues and the suppliers, you'll help ensure stakeholders are engaged and up-to-date on progress, and all work is of quality and delivered with a customer focus.
Financial control, compliance and risk management will be critical. And with experience of best practice governance and process management, you'll ensure every procurement is delivered on time and to the same exceptional standards.
The sheer range of procurements will stretch you, but you'll rise to the challenge of delivering effective support across the organisation.
- You will ideally be working towards (or already have) full membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (MCIPS).
- You'll also have substantial experience in a procurement role, where customer focus and high-quality output is second nature. And keen to apply your knowledge, you'll be able to advise and manage on different aspects of a procurement's timeline, from supplier shortlisting, tender evaluations through to compliance and contract management.
- You may have experience of reviewing contracts and e-tendering software. More important however is your eye for detail, and ability to interpret data to advise colleagues and produce informative reports.
- Highly organised, resourceful and adaptable, you'll manage a varied portfolio of procurements and maintain records and databases effectively.
- Your outstanding communication skills are vital, as you'll be working alongside a wide variety of people, both internally and externally.
- With a team focus and naturally collaborative attitude to work, you'll adapt to meet any challenge that comes your way, delivering to the highest standards every time.
1st stage interviews are expected to take place in the week commencing 6th June, and 2nd stage interviews will take place the following week.
Fixed term contract - August 2022 to August 2023