Procurement and Contracts Officer
Great opportunity for a junior buyer who is seeking to make their next career move or for someone wanting an interesting public sector role. Future career development.
Salary: £29,793 to £36,369
Hours: 37 hours per week with flexible working
Based at: Hybrid working (part home; part Winsford, Cheshire based)
Closing Date : 5 June 2022
Cheshire Police HQ is based at Winsford in Cheshire. The successful candidate will join the Strategic Procurement Unit which is part of the recently formed joint Police and Fire Corporate Services department.
As a Procurement and Contracts Officer, you will:
- Lead on the contract and procurement process for medium value, medium risk contracts/procurements within a range of categories;
- Provide professional advice and support regarding the design and preparation of specifications for tenders and contracts, evaluation, and the drafting of terms and conditions ;
- Establish and develop strong working relationships with customers and 3rd party providers;
- Manage the review of existing contracts and Service Level Agreements.
- Be qualified to level 5 in a procurement or a business related subject, or have equivalent relevant experience.
- Have a good working knowledge of procurement and contract law.
- Have significant experience of purchasing and procurement across a broad range of environments, preferably IT, estates and property, and professional services which will include the tendering process; drafting, negotiating, and managing the procurement process; monitoring, reviewing, and evaluation of contract compliance; assisting with the drafting of terms and conditions.