Procurement Lead - Defence
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realise their potential, and doing our part in transforming performance for a green, inclusive, and productive world. Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
We are currently seeking applications from Procurement Leaders interested in working in the Defence Sector. Turner & Townsend is strongly positioned as the Ministry of Defence’s Commercial Delivery Partner providing all aspects of commercial support across their c£14bn annual programme of expenditure, delivering critical UK assets.
As one of Turner & Townsend’s Procurement Leaders you will:
- Lead a team of consultants engaged in various roles across our client base;
- Support our clients by leading the delivery of all aspects of commercial activity such as:
- Pre-Sourcing, Strategic Sourcing, Procurement, Category Management, Contract Management and Supplier Management;
- Commercial assurance of business cases, commercial strategies and contracting approaches, to ensure that sound commercial practices are being applied; and
- Leading complex and business critical or strategically important negotiations.
- Contribute to the ongoing development and growth of Turner & Townsend.
We are seeking people to join our organisation who have a positive outlook, are seeking development opportunities and have a strong foundation of technical understanding in their core area of activity.
- Experience in leading in one or more of the following procurement disciplines: End to end Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, Category Management, Contract Management, Supplier Relationship Management and Procurement/Commercial policy experience.
- A proven track record of delivering in complex capital and service procurements through sourcing and effective contract management.
- A strong commercial and business acumen and the ability to deal with a variety of commercial models including prime contracting, outsourcing and Private Finance Initiatives.
- Ability for creative problem solving and strategic thinking.
- The ability to lead and develop teams providing strategic direction and a tailored development experience.
- Resilient with strong stakeholder management experience.
- Ability to quickly pick up new tasks and use own initiative.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Able to deliver business improvement through development of policy, processes and/or business strategy.
Desirable (but not mandatory) Experience
- The Defence and Security Public Contracts Regulations (DSPCR) and/or Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
- Single Source Contract Regulations (SSCR)
- Degree qualified
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (MCIPS)
- Other essential requirements:
Hold a UK Passport
Hold valid Security Clearance (SC or DV) [Or must be able to obtain]
- UK driving license
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.