Consultant - MoD Procurement
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realise their potential, and doing our part in transforming performance for a green, inclusive, and productive world. Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
We are currently seeking applications from Procurement and Commercial Managers interested in working in the Defence Sector. Turner & Townsend is uniquely positioned as the Ministry of Defence’s Commercial Delivery Partner providing all aspects of commercial support across their c£14bn annual programme of expenditure, delivering critical UK assets.
As one of Turner & Townsend’s Procurement/Commercial Manager's your role could include all aspects of commercial activity such as Pre-Sourcing, Strategic sourcing, Procurement, Category Management, Contract Management and Supplier management.,.
We are seeking people to join our organisation who have a positive outlook, are seeking development opportunities and have a strong foundation of technical understanding in their core area of activity.
- Experience in one or more of the following procurement disciplines: End to end Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, Category management, Contract management, Supplier Relationship Management and Procurement/Commercial policy experience
- Ideally minimum of 2-3 years commercial experience
- A strong commercial and business acumen
- Ability for creative problem solving and strategic thinking
- Resilient with strong stakeholder management experience
- Ability to quickly pick up new tasks and use own initiative
- Good communication skills both written and oral
Desirable (but not mandatory) Experience
- The Defence and Security Public Contracts Regulations ( DSPCR ) and/or Public Contracts Regulations 2015
- Participated in business transformation for supply chain activities
Hold CIPS Level 4 Foundation Diploma with the desire to continue working towards Level 5 or RICS or APM or equivalent
Other essential requirements:
Hold a UK Passport
Hold valid Security Clearance (SC or DV) Or must be able to obtain
UK driving license
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.