Senior Procurement Officer
Value Match are supporting a dynamic and agile private sector company that’s wholly owned by the public sector. It’s somewhere you can do the right things for the right reasons while playing a real part in a growing business. Could you see yourself working for a values-driven company that has people at its centre? Then this role may just be for you!
We are looking for a Senior Procurement Officer on a permanent basis to join a growing procurement team with a salary of up to £40,000 depending on experience and CIPS qualification. The organisation is based in Plymouth but offer hybrid working.
As Senior Procurement Officer you will be responsible for providing procurement support and advice across the business at all stages of the procurement cycle to deliver significant procurements to achieve the best market leading solution and value for money. You will support the implementation of the new procurement strategy as well as helping the team further develop processes and practices in areas such as Social Value.
We are looking for the following skills and experience:
- Minimum CIPS Level 5 qualification
- Experience and good knowledge of Public Contract Regulations and deliver public sector procurements
- Significant experience in procurement and supply chain processes
- Effective negotiator with the experience of delivering financial and operational benefits on a range of categories.
- Sound understanding of contractual terms and conditions and good commercial awareness
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to build effective working relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues.