Senior Procurement Manager (Works) x 5
We currently have vacancies for Senior Procurement Managers – Works (x5). These posts are permanent.
The Parliamentary Procurement and Commercial Service (PPCS) ensures that both the House of Commons and the House of Lords obtain the goods, services and construction works required to allow them to carry out their vital work.
These posts are at the heart of the PPCS Works Category team, making sure that the commercial tools, processes and templates needed are available to deliver compliant procurements for and on behalf of the Strategic Estates department, providing procurement advice and business support and assisting Director of PPCS in delivering his role and links to both Houses of Parliament (Commons and Lords).
The successful applicants will:
- Provide expert procurement advice in relation to Works contracts including construction and related project, cost, design and other services
- Provide deep subject matter expertise on the choice of procurement routes and of NEC contract options including authoring bespoke contracts where appropriate
- Manage major procurements throughout the procurement cycle i.e. getting involved in early discussions about service delivery options, writing the procurement strategy and seeking endorsement, assisting in specification development, developing incentivisation plans, risk management, conducting tenders and ensuring effective contract and change management is in place on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in maintaining a procurement plan (a “Pipeline”) for the Works category, ensuring continuity and compliance of contracts that are due for expiry, renewal, or retendering.
- Support the Director in drafting and taking forward policies and procedures in relation to the Works category areas.
- Provide expert commercial advice to ensure Parliament meets value for money objectives and its savings targets.
- Achieve efficiencies and savings in current and future contract