Senior Procurement Manager x 3
We currently have vacancies for Senior Procurement Managers. These posts are permanent.
The Parliamentary Procurement and Commercial Service (PPCS) is a service to both Houses of the UK Parliament. Parliament procures a range of works, goods and services contracts in a public-sector context requiring the highest standards of compliance and value for money.
The PPCS ICT category team provides support to Parliamentary Digital Services. The PPCS Supplies & Services team provides support to the remainder of Parliament including broadcasting services, catering supplies and services, printing and consultancy services, etc. The PPCS Policy and Compliance team sits at the heart of PPCS providing the procurement policies and procedures to be used. The successful candidates will join one of these three teams to lead and advise on procurement activities, including Procurement Regulations based, below threshold and other bespoke competitions as appropriate.
The successful applicants will:
- Manage procurement exercises throughout the procurement lifecycle, providing advice and support to clients.
- Work independently and confidently when leading procurement exercises.
- Ensure the best commercial and required outcomes for the business in addition to a compliant process and result.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and economy through procurement activity such as developing the use of frameworks and other related procurement route options.
- Assist in defining best practice in respect of (1) - (4) above and additionally assist in governing delivery, data collection, developing new policies and procedures and reporting.