Senior Contracts Advisor
- Location: Flexible (but travel to other locations across Wales will be necessary)
- Grade & Salary: G6, £35,994-£39,369
- Post number: 202974, 202976
- Type of contract: Permanent
- Work pattern: full time, 37 hours a week
Closing date: 10 July 2022
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
NRW’s purpose is to pursue the sustainable management of natural resources in Wales, this means that the work required of the new Contract Management Support Service (CMSS) will be extremely varied in interesting. NRW’s CMSS will support contract managers across a range of contract types, inclusive of, but not limited to, purchase contracts, grants, partnerships, leases and management agreements. NRW undertakes work relating to flood risk management, conservation, recreation, commercial work and land management activities.
The CMSS and its team members will play a vital role in the delivery of the NRW Commercial Strategy and Contract Management Plan; implementing best practice in contract management across NRW, promoting the benefits of a compliant, flexible process that achieves value for money for our stakeholders.
The department will rely on qualified and experienced contract management professionals to bring a depth of understanding of the subject matter, technical contract expertise and best practice contract management. The CM framework that the team will work within and support is aligned with the National Audit Office (NAO) Good Contract Management Practice and the Cabinet Office Contract Management Professional Standards.
Qualifications and Skills
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) - Level 5/6, Diploma / Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply (Working toward full membership or nearing completion) - (Essential)
- The successful applicant will be expected to undertake and obtain the CMPC expert qualification in a timescale agreed with the Team Leader if not already qualified to that level.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant contract legislation and public sector policy. (Essential)
- Substantial experience of influencing commercial decisions at a project or contract level. (Essential) Experience of undertaking and leading commercial exercises, demonstrating success with their delivery. (Essential) Transferrable experience of using commercial approaches to deliver business objectives. (Essential) Knowledge and understanding of relevant contract legislation and public sector policy. (Essential) Experience of undertaking high level and complex negotiations with supply partners. (Desirable)
To apply, please visit our website.