Procurement Manager - Construction
Value Match are looking to appoint a Procurement Manager (Construction) to join their growing team on a permanent basis. This role will be North East based, hybrid remote working (home working plus onsite customer presence required based on customer need), with a salary of £30,000 - £45,000. We are looking for someone with expertise in construction and works procurement.
Through our people and relationships Value Match applies our procurement expertise to enhance the value created in our communities and environment. Value Match provides a complete solution to meet the procurement needs of all organisations and support suppliers to successfully bid into public and private sector. We work with customers, candidates, suppliers, and other stakeholders to ensure is real value at the core of the solutions and services we offer.
You will join an existing procurement team, that has a strong focus on ethical and sustainable supply to provide the most effective solutions to our range of customers. As a Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for delivering procurement solutions that best meet the customer need, whilst achieving value for money and also considering ethical, sustainability and social value benefits. We are looking for an experienced procurement professional who has expertise within Works, Construction and Build contracts within the public sector and has up to date knowledge of PCR 15 and is aware of the proposed changes and updates to legislation, as well as being people focused and able to build successful relationships with all stakeholders.
What Value Match can offer you:
- A sense of belonging, shared vision and values that support our purpose
- Opportunity for professional development and growth with our suite of CPD training courses
- Home working providing a good work / life balance, with regular opportunities for face-to-face co-working and customer on-site presence
- Home working set up including Carbon Neutral laptop
- Values based organisation that prioritises its people, relationships, the environment and sustainable prosperity
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- £30,000 - £45,000 depending upon experience
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- CIPS Qualified with at least 6 years public sector experience
- Subject Matter Expert within Construction, Build and Works procurement
- Experience within NEC and JCT contracts
- Strong commercial awareness with the ability to develop and build effective solutions
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to identify solutions to support customers
- Developed category strategies, and ran transactional and complex procurements
- Understanding of Social Value including how to embed through procurement to achieve objectives
- Knowledge of PCRs and willingness to proactively learn and adopt new legislation/policy notes to improve outcomes and ensure compliance
- Ability to work at pace with conflicting priorities
- Experience of working within private consultancy (desirable)