Head of Category – Clinical
United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust (ULHT) are looking to identify a Head of Category – Clinical to join our Procurement Department. The role sits within the wider Lincolnshire ICS and is part of the Procurement Senior Leadership Team at the Trust.
This is an exciting time to join the Lincolnshire healthcare setting. In Lincolnshire, the recently formed ICS procurement team works for all three main Trusts – ULHT (acute), LCHS (community) and LPFT (mental health) – following a category led approach to support stakeholders across the region. ULHT are progressing towards University Teaching Hospital status, with the collaboration with Lincoln University now becoming embedded, and has shown significant improvement in the most recent CQC inspection.
Head of Category – Clinical: £54,764 - £63,862 (AfC Band 8b)
The Head of Category – Clinical will be responsible for driving the delivery of a 3-5 year strategic and operational business plan to ensure the provision of high-quality services and to meet the needs of local service users, and ICS colleagues within LCHS, LPFT and ULHT.
The Head of Category – Clinical will develop a sound and detailed understanding of the services provided to Clinical areas and their resource requirements; working collaboratively with key stakeholders both internal and external to ensure timely and effective Procurement strategies and plans are in place.
The Head of Category – Clinical will also work collaboratively with Divisional Management teams, Finance business partners and key stakeholders to design and deliver appropriate contracting strategies to influence choice, product standardisation, prioritise change, deliver cash releasing savings and process improvements with sustained added value methodologies.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Management of the Procurement team/s and provide visible leadership Providing a service for the Trust and Lincolnshire ICS Prepare and deliver the strategic direction and integrated business plan for procurement’s Clinical spend areas
- Ensure that the service area meet their performance objectives to deliver continuous improvement Building collaborative relationships both internally and externally Initiating, developing, and implementing procurement strategies
- Deputising for the Deputy Director of Procurement as required
The successful Head of Category - Clinical will hold;
- Experience operating in a senior procurement position MCIPS, Degree (in a relevant field such as Purchasing, Supply, Logistics) or equivalent level of experience
- Previous experience of category management within a large complex organisation
- Experience of managing a successful procurement team
ULH are working in partnership with Castlefield Recruitment to source this position. For further information on applying, please contact Luis Covell.
General information for applicants
As an organisation, ULH support an inclusive culture and diversity for our staff. We are committed to encouraging further development and growth from diverse groups, and we welcome applications from people of all abilities and from under-represented groups, which we can support with our range of flexible and inclusive options. Applications from those interested in working part-time, job share, or another flexible approach are welcomed.
Our vision is for equality, diversity, and inclusion to be a ‘golden thread’ running through, and central to, how we work together to provide sustainable high-quality patient-centred care for all people living in Lincolnshire.
The Trust offers a wide range of active staff groups including our network groups for LGBTQ+, Disability, and SOAR for our Black, Asian and ethnic minority colleagues and allies. Membership and participation in these networks is encouraged.