Head of Supply Chain
- Head of Supply Chain for BookTrust, the UK's largest children's reading charity
- Exciting period of transformation as part of their 5 year strategic plan
About Our Client
BookTrust is the UK's largest children's reading charity. Our mission is to get every child reading - regularly and by choice. We know that children who read are happier, healthier, more empathetic, and more creative. They also do better at school. With the long-term impact of the pandemic on children's lives, and with an ever-widening gap for the most disadvantaged children, our work has never been more important. We have a new ambitious 5-year strategy with a deep commitment to doing even more to support children and families from disadvantaged backgrounds in reading.
We deliver our mission through evidence-based interventions that reach over 3 million children and families each year from 0-13 with a strong focus on the early years. We work with a network of skilled partners; with every local authority across England and Wales, health visitors, schools, libraries, social workers and early years workers; and with an excellent and increasingly diverse community of children's authors and illustrators; and committed and expert support from publishers.
As our Head of Supply Chain, you will play a key role at BookTrust in taking forward our ambitions. With your experience and skills, you can help us shape our supply chain, from developing our procurement capabilities, through to our warehouse management and how our supply chain supports our network of delivery partners to reach children and families most effectively.
Whilst you can focus on the development of our supply chain you will also be very comfortable in maintaining performance and ensuring the structures and measures are in place to achieve high standards, and you will also be prepared to get hands-on in the detail when needed.
The Successful Applicant
The Head of Supply Chain will have track record of successfully managing, developing, and leading a team and you will have experience in building strong relationships both externally and internally.
You will be comfortable in driving change, taking a deeply collaborative approach and be keen to work alongside expert colleagues in BookTrust to deliver our strategy.
Skills and experience required include:
· Supply chain management knowledge and experience is essential.
· Experience in designing new procurement and supply chain solutions with a track record of delivering improvements.
· Proven examples of managing and developing teams and supporting teams through significant change in an organisation.
· Ability to work strategically, whist implementing robust and agile processes.
· Excellent cost and budget management experience.
· Collaborative approach to work is critical, with the ability to build strong relationships across all levels of BookTrust, and proven ability to work in cross functional project team.
· Ability to take ownership and manage delivery is crucial.
· Excellent negotiation skills and commercial awareness.
What's on Offer
At BookTrust we can offer you a vital cause, an organisation with firm income foundations and relationships, a commitment to invest for the future, a friendly workplace with expert colleagues and an opportunity to make a real difference. We are also genuinely family / life friendly.
· Salary: £60,000 - £65,000
· 28 days holiday, plus public holidays
· Pension scheme - 7% employer contribution
· 3 x salary life assurance
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Season Ticket Loan Scheme
· Flexible working scheme
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPYCJN0720225687943Z