Commercial & Procurement Specialist
Commercial & Procurement Specialist
- We adopt a hybrid model at PA, but your office base will be in the location nearest to you: Bristol, Cheltenham, Manchester or Edinburgh
- Travel to client site will be necessary if and when the client requires
- Full time Application deadline: ASAP
We are a rapidly growing innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster
The Professional Services Team (PST) is in high demand and experiencing repeated successes in delivering value and excellence for our clients who are within daily commuting range from home. Due to this success, we are expanding further into South Wales, and along the M4 corridor, in the Midlands, and Glasgow/Edinburgh.
The Professional Services Team (PST)
PST makes up part of PA’s core Delivery Team which is PA’s Centre of Excellence for all project, programme, and portfolio capability. The PST team currently works across defence, infrastructure, transport, and public sector domains, in client-facing roles on long-term assignments and working alongside consultancy teams.
We specialise in P3M, Project Controls, Business Cases, Procurement and Commercial Management, and we are looking to deepen and broaden these capabilities. PST consultants are in high demand and experiencing repeated successes in delivering value and excellence for our clients who are within daily commuting range from home.
We are seeking a procurement and commercial specialist. You may be a government commercial officer, or working as a category manager or senior commercial officer in a private business. You will have had responsibility for procurement or contract management of £multi-millions of your organisation’s money to secure great outcomes. You are likely to have great relationships skills, and the ability to design and deliver great benefits through well-managed £multi-million procurements. You are looking for an opportunity to develop your skills and gain experiences that will take you into the top levels of the profession.
Your experience and skills will include:
- Working with large and complex procurements, in any or all of equipment, digital services and infrastructure.
- Understanding of the procurement lifecycle and comfort around: identifying procurement and commercial strategies; running the processes of sourcing; managing the evaluation of tenders; helping to negotiate and close deals; and properly managing major contracts.
- Experience advising on contract terms and designing agreements to drive the best from a particular market.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including recognising how to manage multiple stakeholders Experience with major government procurements, including the approvals processes, is highly desired.
- Familiarity using NEC contract forms would be an advantage.
- Ideally possessing MCIPS or MRICS Chartered status Project management or financial management skills; this would be an advantage but can be learned.
We offer the opportunity to work on purposeful projects with incredible people, competitive salary, pension and bonus scheme, clear pathways to progression, and a thriving learning culture. Benefits include:
- A wide range of internal and external training/certification programmes
- Flexible healthcare plans for you and your family Competitive leave allowances
- Flexible WFH / WFO policy
- 3 days’ volunteering for a charity of your choice through our ‘Give as You Earn’ scheme
- Access to a range of networks, centring LGBTQ+ people, women, people from minority ethnic backgrounds, and more
Diversity Enables Ingenuity
Our diversity strengthens us and stimulates a rich, creative environment where our people feel empowered to be themselves. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, no matter their background. Together, we are PA — Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process — at any time — don’t hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org