Category Lead - Marketing
Is finding strategic value in Marketing & Martech spend a passion of yours? Then bring your experience with you to a leading Financial Firm!
My Client a leading financial services firm is currently looking for a specialist Category Lead - Marketing. The Category Lead - Marketing will report to the Head of Indirect Procurement helping internal stakeholders gain best value from their Marketing contract portfolio.
You will work closely with CMO & their leadership team across the organisation and run tendering processes, marketing contract negotiations, and ongoing vendor management. You will get immediately involved in projects that are currently running and must be able to manage procurement projects to tight deadlines.
This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to see a diverse set of projects and experience marketing, sourcing, and procurement in a very interesting sector.
- Marketing sourcing and procurement experience, across the categories of ATL, BTL, Digital, Media Martech and Print
- Negotiate and draft contract agreements to achieve the delivery of significant annual cost reduction and cost avoidance benefit
- Expertise in Contract drafting and negotiation, ideally with the CIPS contract law module
- Building relationships with key divisions and individuals to ascertain and understand stakeholder, business and customer requirements, strategy, challenges and opportunities.
- Experience of developing best practice governance, procedures and policies which protect the business from risk
- Experience in the Financial Services sector would be advantageous but not essential
- Demonstrable experience across procurement and supplier management, preferably within the financial sector
- Martech knowledge and experience.
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent and MCIPS
- Excellent leadership and people management skills. The ability to coach and develop.
- Procurement technical skills including negotiation skills, contract drafting, drafting of relevant RfPs etc and use of category management techniques in setting category plans
- The ability to draw together requirements across multiple or individual business units and gain consensus on the procurement plan from the business
- Excellent interpersonal/influencing skills
For more information about this exciting role and if you meet the criteria, please submit your details without delay to info@ langleysearch. com quoting MB/7964.
Langley Search & Selection (langleysearch .com) is the leading specialist recruiter in the procurement, supply chain, and purchasing field. We manage permanent and interim procurement and supply chain jobs across the UK, Europe, and globally for our clients, from large global multinationals to SMEs