Procurement Project Officer
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
· To provide professional procurement resource to support and advise internal and external partners such that all LBM procurement decisions deliver:
- Council objectives by demonstrating value for money
- Synergies with the Council's MTFS
- The effective use of resources
- Expenditure that is managed strategically to achieve social and community benefits
- Continuous improvement in service delivery
· To assist in the implementation of the Commercial Services Business Plan, the Council’s Category Management approach and its Make vs. Buy agenda by providing a professional procurement service to all clients across the Council.
· To work alongside clients, primarily on medium to high value-risk procurements and guide clients through procurement governance, legislation, use of the e-tendering portal, etc. (with the support of a Category Advisor where appropriate).
· To lead, shape and steer the delivery of individual procurement projects. This will include (but is not limited to) leading tendering projects, pre- and post-implementation evaluation, supplier selection, contract award recommendation and category management for specified procurement areas. Post holders will have responsibility for maximising savings and efficiencies from goods, works and services while ensuring appropriate levels of quality. Post holders may have expertise within specific service areas but will be responsible for delivering procurement projects for a range of different categories/services across the Council.