Sustainable Procurement Manager
SCOTTISH ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION AGENCY
Sustainable Procurement Manager
Location: Flexible, currently working from home, presence in our Stirling office when our office re-opens
Salary: The salary band for this post is Band C, £46,349 to £52,184, starting salary will be on the base of the salary scale, £46,349
Role type - Permanent
As a non-departmental public body of the Scottish Government, our role is to make sure that the environment and human health are protected, to ensure that Scotland’s natural resources and services are used as sustainably as possible and contribute to sustainable economic growth.
At SEPA we work to protect and enhance Scotland’s environment by helping communities and business prosper within the constraints of one planet. We call this One Planet Prosperity. This is an ambitious strategy, and we need talented people to help us achieve it.
Purpose of this role
This is an influential role which will help to shape the future of SEPA’s services as a “Phase 2 Environment Protection Agency”. Sustainable procurement aims to make the best use of public money, helping us to achieve our overarching purpose and strategic objectives.
You will be expected to provide leadership and expert knowledge across all of SEPA’s procurement activities, ensuring that they reflect the characteristics expected of a 21st century EPA (Environment Protection Agency).
You will lead on the development of skills and competencies across the organisation which are necessary for delivering sustainable procurement for a 21st century EPA. This will mean securing contracts that demonstrate best value and improve SEPA’s performance, with a strong focus on the environment.
You will need to be able to build and maintain excellent stakeholder relations at all levels, to ensure operational standards for delivery, quality, technology, environmental impacts, accuracy of paperwork and flexibility to SEPA’s changing needs are met. Stakeholders will include the Agency Management Team (AMT), Agency Board, the Chief Executive, budget holders, colleagues, suppliers and Scottish Government.
- To manage the day-to-day activities of the procurement team to ensure they provide a customer focused effective, efficient and professional procurement support for SEPA.
- Provide leadership for SEPA in the development and delivery of SEPA’s Procurement Operating Pan.
- Lead on the development of SEPA skills and competencies across the organisation necessary for delivering sustainable purchasing for a 21st century EPA.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure SEPA’s procurement and purchasing activities deliver contracts that demonstrate best value and ensure that all aspects of sustainable procurement are considered at project initiation.
- Drive continuous improvement by regularly reviewing and updating in line with good practice.
- Promote sustainable procurement best practice, providing guidance and expertise.
If you think that this sounds like you then we would love to receive your application.
To apply, please click on the 'apply' button.
Closing date: Monday 29 August 2022.