IT Category Manager
Category Manager - IT - Global Leader in Education - £45,000 - £55,000 + Package - London
This illustrious pioneer in global education is seeking an experienced IT Category Manager to join their Finance division - leading key purchasing decisions to drive efficiency and value through diligent operational analysis. You will be joining a highly motivated procurement team, collaborating with technical specialists spanning the institution. This is the perfect opportunity to gain cultivated experience with a global leader, learning from industry experts in a highly vigorous environment.
This institution has established a prominent legacy within global education, cultivating a global alumni network of over 200,000 students. Their devotion to merit, integrity, and innovation is pertinently exuded through their internal and external operating systems, particularly within IT as the organisation continues to digitise their value chain activities.
As a IT Category Manager, you will:
- Engage in an annual £15m spend, implementing cost-saving strategies to economically improve performance.
- Mediate the needs of managers across the organisation's divisions, supporting their respective strategies through continual consultation
- You will be responsible for the execution of procurement activities across the institution - ensuring compliance and governance in accordance with the institution's KPI's and legislation.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders - developing strong relationships within the procurement team to bring synergy within internal communication
- Conduct proper data analysis to facilitate the construction of effective procurement plans - including contract negotiation, process improvement, strategic sourcing
- Strong experience within a procurement role, working in a dynamic environment
- Specialist knowledge of key procurement practices
- Proven ability to manage projects and lead contracts
- Degree & MCIPS (preferred not essential)
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a pioneering institution, building on your existing capabilities while continuing to learn within a vibrant, fast-paced environment.
To find out more information, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly apply through this page.