Indirect Category Buyer
We have a brand-new Senior Buyer opportunity available with one of the UK’s largest charities.
The position benefits from remote working, private healthcare, free gym membership, 25 days annual leave plus several other flexible benefits.
We are seeking applications from energetic, self-motivated, and ambitious Category Buyers who are perhaps looking for a slight change of direction. You will be joining a progressive organisation where personal development is actively encouraged. Within this role you will be eligible for CIPS training, and you will have the opportunity to work alongside some fantastic mentors with responsibility for a varied spend portfolio of between £10-25m . Your experience will ideally sit within largely indirect procurement focused positions and you will have a practical knowledge of the end-to-end tendering process covering any of the following category areas of spend:
Facilities Management, Professional Services, HR, Staffing & Consultancy, Waste, Laundry, Mail, Cleaning, Uniforms, Stationary,
The organisation is in a very strong position with some big projects on the horizon. You will be joining a team of 14 and working alongside 5 other Senior Buyers.
- To support the Category Manager on a variety of procurement projects, developing clear and detailed sourcing plans within your assigned spend areas.
- To draft, negotiate and agree clear, concise, and complete contractual documentation.
- To inform and support the development of category strategies through extensive internal and external research and analysis to support the wider organisational strategy.
- To ensure market developments and innovation are monitored and considered to continually align and update sourcing and category strategies, identifying opportunities which can create a competitive advantage for the organisation.
- To work with cross functional project teams to deliver projects on time and with the best outcome for the organisation.
- To establish an effective network and influence internal stakeholders, to support procurement objectives and decision making.
- To maintain full compliance with all contract governance activities within agreed processes and timescales, ensuring all appropriate parties are consulted and informed.
- An organised and efficient purchasing specialist who can demonstrate credible, trusted stakeholder engagement at all levels.
- An analytical thinker with the proven ability to navigate and interpret multiple data sources to inform commercial, legal / contracting and supply decisions.
- An individual with strong, professional, and refined negotiation skills coupled with sound commercial acumen and understanding of complex organisational issues.
- An excellent project manager committed to providing high levels of service.
- Ability to spot opportunities from an existing client base.
For further information please apply or call +44 (0) 333 366 0839 quoting the job reference.
Langley Search & Selection Ltd is a diverse, minority-owned business and we are passionate about promoting diversity and equality. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, disability status or gender and particularly welcome applicants from underrepresented backgrounds.