Head of Procurement
Responsibility and accountability for the purchase of goods, materials and services to ensure that the company’s operational needs are met, whilst successfully taking into account price, quality and delivery, and ensuring continuity of supply. Also achieving proactive compliance with legal regulations such as import / export, customs and duty.
Reporting to Site Directors, with the aim of creation and implementation of best practice procurement, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
Leading the purchasing function, and as a member of the management teams across multiple sites this role has responsibility for procurement strategy, and to achieve cost savings, efficient processes and 100% support for the needs of manufacturing. Working alongside the Supplier Development function, the role includes some supplier visits as needed to complete necessary on-site reviews and discussions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Procurement and General
- Meet operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets to enable the company to function and compete effectively in the market. Effectively Manage a team of purchasing and stock management staff. Ensure purchasing and logistics policies / processes, guidelines and any associated documents are in place to meet business objectives and updated when required. Implement best practice procurement and stock management processes, to deliver best value and achieve business savings. Implement proactive compliance with legal regulations, import / export, customs and duty. Evaluate challenges faced by the business, take action to mitigate risks, develop opportunities. Utilise appropriate resources including Supplier Development to ensure appropriate supplier partnerships and delivery of sourced products. Provide management reports and key performance data, monitor cost savings. Manage relationships with suppliers, select and develop new suppliers. Negotiate and manage contract terms with suppliers to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders and colleagues. Review and negotiate existing agreements to optimise commercial terms. Assess tenders from potential suppliers. Work with suppliers and have a process in place to measure effective performance, quality and compliance against KPI criteria. Ensure professional and consistent supplier management is applied across the supply base in line with the purchasing policy. Ensure parts are sourced in full and aligned to production schedules and customer requirements. Ensure and manage import and export needs for the purchasing function. Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors.
- Manage, coach and develop the team to meet agreed objectives and deliver best practice results, added value and continuous improvements. Set departmental objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports. Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required. Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of self, staff and visitors.
Key Success Criteria
- 100% support of company needs for product manufacturing. Successful mitigation of business risk through procurement and stock management. Savings in procurement, logistics and business processes. Management and achievement of agreed KPIs. Success in leading a team of people to improve and develop within their roles.
- Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred. As a minimum we would expect HND, BTEC Professional Level 5 Award or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualifications. Member of The Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS). Proven experience in a purchasing management role, preferably within a manufacturing environment. Contract management experience, with a sound understanding of contract law. Project management experience. Knowledge and technical understanding of industry processes and supply chain management. Working knowledge and experience import processes Computer literate, especially Microsoft Office applications Experience in LEAN initiatives Awareness and understanding of industry standards such as IATF16949, AS9100, Nadcap Awareness and understanding of risk and sustainability standards such as ISO45001, ISO50001 & Cyber Security.
Attributes and Personal Qualities needed for this role:
- Proven management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and development. Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers. Strong and confident negotiator with the ability to negotiate at all levels. Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills. Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities. Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines. Commercially and financially aware. Keen attention to detail and accuracy. Open and approachable with a focus on collaboration and teamwork.
- This is a full time, permanent position that will be subject to a review period 37 hours per week, day shift pattern with a willingness to work outside core hours.
- Annual Salary between £55k – 65K, depending on experience Access to Stakeholder Pension Scheme Private Family Healthcare 25 days holiday
For more information on Cross Manufacturing, please go to our website at www.crossmanufacturing.com