Senior Supply Chain Specialist
Magnox is an exciting place to be, and this role is the perfect opportunity for you to be part of our challenging mission - to safely and successfully manage the UK’s civil nuclear legacy on behalf of the nation. To deliver our commitment, we need people like you who want to perform at an industry leading standard and be part of a team that continues to develop, innovate and even exceed our greatest achievements.
At Magnox, we understand, and acknowledge the value of an inclusive working environment, and celebrate the diversity this brings to our workplace. Without this approach, we wouldn’t be in the position that we are now, being able to safeguard and secure the future of our organisation.
About the role
Hear from the Hiring Manager…
“We are a busy and energetic team developing supply chain solutions to support the retrieval and processing of nuclear wastes. The role will involve writing sourcing strategies, ITT’s and awarding contracts for up to £25M. The kind of person I am looking for has a clear and logical mind-set, the ability to work in a team and excellent communication skills to keep our multiple stakeholders informed. The ideal candidate would be someone who has the qualifications and experience but most of all a positive ‘can do’ attitude".
Pre Award Activities
- Delivers best value solutions for all allocated commercial activities based on optimising the balance between cost and risk.
- Manages the supply chain activities within their own agreed work portfolio, whilst acting in compliance with all relevant standards for medium value / medium risk contracts
- Leads negotiations and relationships with suppliers
- Assesses and understands the market, monitoring the available capability / standing and stability of suppliers to have a good understanding of where the risks and opportunities within the market exist
- Competent in preparing strategy documents, business cases and other written business documentation relative to own portfolio area, including commercial input into contract specifications
- Contributes to the preparation and management of the Life Time Plan Performance Plan, the Make/Buy process and the Procurement Plan, including maintaining accurate, complete and current information on category / categories within Waste Projects.
- Ensures that the programmes / projects remain compliant with procurement policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication with the Project Delivery Team (Project Managers) and also Commercial Specialism (This is a matrix role – working within the Waste Projects Team – but will be line managed by the Commercial Programme Delivery Team)
Post Award Activities
- Uses the Company’s procurement systems to monitor data to use as a basis of decision making and identifying opportunities to improve delivery.
- Proactively manages contracts and relationships with suppliers within their agreed portfolio applying the Supplier Relationship Management process
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 6 years experience of a variety of commercial activities
- Knowledge of relevant contract law and commercial legislation
- Working knowledge of best practice procurement principles and methodologies
- Working knowledge of Public Procurement Regulations
- An understanding of Project Management principles
- Current working knowledge of NEC3/4 conditions of contract
- Understanding of principles of commercial risk management
- Ideally a member of CIPS
- For the equivalent Former BNFL grade for this role please contact the HRBP.
- Flexible working – where possible.
- Equivalent of 25 days (185 hours) annual leave plus Public Holidays (59.2 hours per year) - option to buy or sell up to one week each year.
- Participation in Company Bonus Scheme (up to £4,500 per annum based on corporate objectives).
- Up to 13.5% employer pension contribution depending on individual contribution amount.
- Access to training and development through the company performance management arrangements, supporting you in maintaining your personal Continuous Professional Development.
Please be aware this role holder requires security clearance, or the ability to obtain said clearance.
There is a requirement to live within a commutable distance to the sites where the role is based. For central/multi-site roles, we have various hubs across the UK and can be flexible with base location.
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best.
At Magnox we are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive, we therefore particularly welcome applications from Women, Black, Asian and Ethnic Minorities, LGBT+ and candidates with a disability as they are all underrepresented in our workforce.
We are happy to talk flexible working where possible.