Senior Procurement Advisor
Senior Procurement Advisor
- Location: Flexible (but travel to other locations across Wales will be necessary)
- Grade & Salary: £35,994-£39,369 (Grade 6)
- Post number: 201740
- Type of contract: Permanent
- Work pattern: 37 Hours
Closing date: 2 October 2022
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
NRW’s purpose is to pursue the sustainable management of natural resources in Wales, this means that the work and support provided by NRW Procurement is extremely varied and interesting in nature. With alignment to strategic categories, the team provide support to Contract Managers across a range of business areas, inclusive of, but not limited to Civil Engineering, Forest Operations, Land Management, ICT, Fleet and Facilities and many others.
The NRW Procurement team play a vital role in the delivery of NRW’s Corporate Objectives, Commercial Strategy and Service Plans; implementing best practice in procurement across NRW, promoting the benefits of a compliant, flexible process that achieves value for money for our stakeholders.
The department relies on qualified and experienced procurement professionals to bring a depth of understanding of the subject matter in line with all relevant procurement legislation, policies and procedures that we must adhere to.
The role of Procurement Senior Advisor will provide dedicated support to Fleet and Facilities as well as leading another procurement requirements as required; you will also help NRW achieve its wider initiatives and objectives that seek to mitigate the climate and nature emergency.
You should be a member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) with substantial and relevant experience of leading complexed procurements within the public sector. It would be expected that full MCIPS qualification is obtained if not already achieved.
Qualifications and Skills
- The Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (Full Membership or working towards).
- Substantial experience as a Procurement practitioner, in the application of knowledge and the specific requirements of the post.
- Substantial experience of influencing procurement decisions at a project level.
- Experience of undertaking and leading procurement exercises, demonstrating success with their delivery.
- Experience of undertaking high level and complex negotiations with supply partners.
- Transferrable experience of using procurement to deliver business objectives.
- Understanding of procurement concepts, practices, governance & techniques, & maintenance of this through a range of interests & peer group interaction.
To apply, please visit our website.