A fantastic opportunity has arisen for talented Category Managers to join Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service’s (MFRS) Procurement team on a permanent contract. The roles will be responsible for the procurement of goods and services for MFRS and also for the purposes of National Resilience (the UK Home Office’s Fire and Rescue response to major incidents.) The post holders will have a portfolio of goods and services to manage including personal protective equipment, operational equipment and corporate services.
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have experience of procuring equipment as required by a blue light service. Additionally experience in awarding contracts for services e.g. training would be beneficial.
Candidates will be able to demonstrate their ability to build effective and positive relationships with key stakeholders who are geographically dispersed and are tenacious in bringing about positive solutions for all. A good understanding of legislative requirements for procurement including equality and diversity best practice would be advantageous given the prominence of the work on local and national levels. The postholder will also be responsible for the line management of staff members therefore demonstration of supervision and development of others will be assessed.
What we can offer you?
- Full flexible working arrangements with a 35 hour working week
- 22 days’ holiday, (rising to 27 days after 5 years’ service) plus Bank holidays and 2 additional Extra Statutory days added to the holiday entitlement
- Access to free on-site gym
- Free, secure parking
- On-site canteen
- Contributory pension by both the employee and by MFRS
- Excellent Occupational Health services and Employee Assistance Programme
Closing date: Midnight, Tuesday 1st November 2022