Innospec is a global speciality chemicals company partnering with companies across the world to provide sustainable and innovative technologies within fuels, refineries, personal care and performance chemicals. Our company expansion has evolved over time, making us the leading global specialty company we are today. We pride ourselves on our talent, drive and expertise to guide our customers to success in highly competitive markets with our fast-response work ethic.
We are continuing to improve the sustainability of our products and help our clients respond to environmental challenges through innovation and improved product performance. We are pleased to be awarded an EcoVadis Gold rating for sustainability performance for the third consecutive time. A Gold rating puts Innospec in the top 7% of companies rated in our sector globally.
People are at the heart of our business, and we strive to create a safe, inclusive, diverse, and caring culture where our employees are supported and encouraged to make a positive contribution. Our global team of approximately 1,900 employees spans across 24 countries, applying their extensive experience and market understanding to customers’ local needs. We encourage employees to support and engage with our local communities, and in 2016 we started Innospec Cares, a global charitable giving and volunteering program. In 2020 alone we raised over US$182,000 and supported 90 different charities and good causes.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a permanent Buyer to join the Purchasing Department based in Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, UK. The opportunity will be of interest to someone who is looking to move in to or has just started in Purchasing and sees it as a career.
The company will provide a structured Development Ladder to progress in the role and will provide the necessary training, internal or external, to achieve the growth we are looking for.
The candidate will be responsible for and manage a portfolio of categories across the site including but not limited to working closely with onsite Engineers to understand plant operations and identify areas of improvement. Implementing changes to effect cost savings and streamlining processes.
- Identify and select suppliers
- Issue tenders / RFQs, evaluate tenders and conduct supplier negotiations for sourced items, to deliver project requirements and consistent with sourcing plans.
- Manage key supplier relationships to ensure contractual commitments are met and ensure coordination with internal stakeholders
- Monitor progress to ensure goods and services are supplied in line with project plans and take actions to mitigate any identified risks.
- Assume responsibility for any term contracts being carried out on-site
- Lead resolution of quality and supply issues
- Act as the key contact within Procurement for site in relation to the specific projects being managed
- Understanding category management profiles and creating cost savings through questioning current methods of procurement.
- Enquiring mind
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS) or prepared to work towards it, supported by the company.
As an organisation, we are committed to ensuring that Innospec is a great company to work for and invest significantly in the development of our employees to meet this ambition. We offer excellent benefit package which includes:
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays (increases to 28 days after 5 years)
- 5% pension contribution (Increasing to 15% following successful probation)
- Sharesave scheme
- Private health care (AXA)
- Performance bonuses
- Death in service (6x salary)
- Monday – Friday 37.5 hours per week
- 7.5 hours per day, core hours 10am – 3pm
- 2 working from home day per week