Programme Commercial Manager
Following publication of the Integrated Rail Plan and Government’s commitment to increased rail investment, this is an exciting opportunity to join the team leading the development of Northern Powerhouse Rail (NPR) that will significantly improve journey times and capacity across the North of England. Delivering NPR will also substantially improve connectivity between key northern cities, yielding benefits through economic agglomeration and community regeneration that would help the North to realise its economic potential and maximise opportunities for international travel and trade. As Programme Commercial Manager you will be responsible for the strategic management of all Commercial, Procurement, Finance and Investment activities on the Programme, including work package planning and contract commercial management.
Some Key Accountabilities of the role:
1. Functionally responsible for all the commercial management work. Agree with Programme Director the contract strategy for all projects in their area to facilitate timely and efficient implementation.
2. Develop and deploy a robust Commercial Strategy for the management and control of the Programme. This will include development of a work packaging strategy together with plans for effective cost management.
3. Develop a Procurement Strategy for the Programme, including the processes for the selection of suitable Contractors and Consultants. Agree with the Programme Director the appropriate supplier engagement model for each work package in the Programme. Compliance with OJEU legislation.
4. Lead the management and resolution of legal and/or commercial disputes in own area of expertise in conjunction with Functional commercial management and the Programme Director.
5. Confirm that all Financial and Commercial reports produced by the Programme are clear and accurate.
6. Check that all Financial variances are investigated and reported accurately to the Programme Finance Director and Programme Director, with appropriate mitigation plans.
7. Continuously monitor, review and improve the programme financial and commercial strategies in the interests of the Programme.
8. Confirm that appropriate financial budget and authority is in place for all packages in the Programme. Maintain compliance with Investment Regulations.
9. Establish appropriate control and audit regimes to achieve adherence to Network Rail's procedures, relevant Railway Group and Network Rail company standards.
10. Manage the deployment of commercial resources within the Programme and arrange additional support if needed.
11. Mobilise Estimating and Risk Management support for Programme activities as required.
Essential Criteria: ·Knowledge of the use and application of railway and construction industry conditions of contract.
·Educated to degree level or equivalent and professional qualification.
·Experienced staff manager and negotiator.
·Demonstrate experience of resolution of construction contract disputes and robust post contract management.
·Relevant railway and/or construction experience.
·Knowledge of railway commercial contract management and estimating.
·Experience of managing and developing several teams of staff.
·Can demonstrate good communication skills in all areas including written, oral and presentations.
·Experience of the management and review of contractor’s interim and final accounts.
£6000 per year car allowance
75% off leisure travel for employees and their family from December 2022
Private healthcare for employees and their family
Maximum 30% Annual Performance Related Pay bonus
28 days annual leave
35 hour working week