Category Manager - £50,000-£55,000 - flexi-working
A fresh and exciting opportunity in procurement to join a leading utilities organisation that prioritises commercial management and expansion for the purpose of environmental sustainability. This position offers thorough training that enables you to deepen your understanding of the company and renewable energy sector, network with colleagues across teams, and reap financial rewards while advancing your career in procurement. This investment in your career gives you the best tools you need to excel in procurement within this field and work as part of a diverse and fulfilling team. This procurement category manager role primarily focuses on the organisation's sustainable growth and identifies areas where this growth is achievable, identifying new revenue streams while prioritizing the company's recyclability and sustainability. The company is firmly committed to using solar and renewable energy, and it has a growing renewables procurement team whose creativity and dynamism work to advance the development of sustainable resources by commercialising the supply chain to create a more ecologically responsible utilities sector.
Along with the competitive pay of between £50,000 and £55,000, the package includes a generous contributory pension, 26 days holiday with a potential raise to 30 days based on years of service, and a benefits scheme with a variety of offers.
Working with this organisation means the opportunities presented to you will be endless!
- Degree level within a commercial field, including but not limited to: Business Studies, Accountancy, Supply Chain
- Existing experience within Category Management (could vary between Procurement and contract/ supplier management)
- Proven track record of working within time constraints to manage and deliver effective procurement projects
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written, with a particular focus on influencing and arbitration
- Comprehension of Utilities and an understanding of the challenges confronting them
- Experience of strategic sourcing, inquisitiveness about the market, as well as a wealth of supplier relationship-building expertise.
- Adhering to the relevant procurement standards and effectively controlling spending
- Management to ensure timely completion of sourcing projects, while delivering major risk allocation, affordability, and satisfaction of clients
- Using an innovative negotiation style to engage and influence at senior positions
- Building and maintaining productive relationships with predominant stake holders and the supply market alike
- Guiding a dynamic and multi-faceted team through procurement process and implementing a number of effective sourcing strategies
This compelling and competitive offer would be perfectly suited to a dynamic, strategic, and environmentally conscious procurement manager! If that sounds like you, please apply by sending a copy of your CV to Matilda at firstname.lastname@example.org
Key words: Procurement, purchasing, strategic procurement, supplier assurance, supplier relationship management, governance, legal, legal services, stakeholder management, SRM, policy, documentation, strategy, Management, Supply Chain, Stakeholder Management, Procurement Operations, Commercial Operations, FMCG, FTSE 100, Packaging, Direct spend, Direct procurement, Raw materials, home working, remote options, Berkshire, Hampshire, Middlesex, Slough, Kent, London, Central London, West London, Remote, UK Wide