Commercial and Partner Lead
- Social Work England
- Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- £43,505 per year, rising to £45,629. Hybrid working available.
- Closing date
- 3 Feb 2023
- Specialist Area
- Purchasing, supply (main), Procurement, Supply chain
- Job Level
- Public Sector
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- CIPS Membership
- CIPS member, Non CIPS member
Social Work England are the specialist regulator for social work in England, focused on enabling positive change in social work. Every day, social workers support millions of people to improve their chances in life. We are taking a new approach to regulating social workers in their vital roles. We believe in the power of collaboration and share a common goal with those we regulate – to protect the public, enable positive change and ultimately improve people’s lives.
The role of commercial and partner lead is responsible for leading a small commercial and partner team of 4 individuals tasked with overseeing and leading the procurement of a range of goods and services.
The role also focuses on providing support to our partners and their internal leads. We have around 260 partners who are self-employed individuals who sit as members of our regulatory panels.
The role reports to the Head of Finance and Commercial and is part of the leadership team of the wider department.
What you will do
- Lead, motivate and develop the commercial and partner team of 4 people.
- Ensure that the procurement process is proportionate to the needs of Social Work England.
- Provide clear procurement advice and challenge process and practise.
- Lead robust tender exercises to ensure both value for money and compliance with relevant public sector policy and legislation.
- Develop innovative solutions to meet objectives and increase efficiency
- Engage and influence stakeholders so that they support and understand commercial and partner related processes.
- Support directorates with the recruitment and onboarding of partners.
- Ensure the team answers queries are answered promptly and within agreed KPIs.
Your skills, knowledge, and experience
- Experience of procurement and creation of contracts for a range of services ideally within a public sector environment.
- Experience of leading a team of people including their motivation and development.
- Experience of developing and embedding processes and systems.
- The ability to analyse data to produce effective management information.
- Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to create and present clear, well-structured business cases and reports.
- Excellent oral and listening skills with the ability to make sound and considered decisions and judgements.
- A strong team player, capable of developing effective relationships at all levels within our organisation.
- The ability to identify process improvements and successfully manage changes that deliver great outcomes
- Confident with strong interpersonal skills in order to maintain effective working relationships with a diverse set of colleagues, partners and other stakeholders.
- A track record of respectful, open and honest behaviour including a demonstrable commitment to inclusion and diversity.
- CIPS qualified or working towards qualification.
- Job type: permanent
- Working pattern: full-time
- Benefits: flexible working, contributory pension and life insurance and 25 days holiday
- Location: Sheffield/hybrid working
- Salary: £43,505 per year, rising to £45,629 per year after successful completion of a 6-month probationary period
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert