Commissioning Manager - Procurement and Contract Management
- South Gloucestershire Council
- Yate, Bristol
- £45,495 - £48,587
- Closing date
- 12 Feb 2023
- Specialist Area
- Contracts, Procurement, Supply chain
- Job Level
- Healthcare, Public Sector
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- CIPS Membership
- CIPS member
How you'll make a difference
As the ‘go-to’ expert in procurement and contract management in the department you will provide advice to commissioning colleagues for Adult Social Care, Integrated Children’s Services, Housing, Public Health and provider organisations to meet our strategic commitments. You will make a difference by building these strong partnerships and working collaboratively to support the development of the care provider market in in South Gloucestershire to deliver department-wide commissioning priorities.
What will you be doing?
On a daily basis you will monitor compliance with procurement legislation, council procurement rules, governance requirements and contract management processes across the wider Partnerships and Commissioning Unit and offer advice and support to colleagues. You will offer support to commissioners within the CYP commissioning team, to Housing and to Public Health to manage their contracts and you will support procurements and support joint commissioning arrangements across health and social care and Public Health.
- Working collaboratively, you will provide sound expertise, advice and information to a range of customers (councillors, senior managers, other departments etc) throughout the Council and research and analyse opportunities for innovation and to establish new and efficient ways of working, ensuring that council activity is lawful.
- You will have a small portfolio of social care related contracts to procure and manage and will work closely with suppliers and partners to negotiate and manage projects ensuring that business needs, service standards and budget requirements are met.
- Leading our approach to market development and service redesign, you will focus on sustainability, quality, health integration, coproduction and achieving outcomes within the available resources.
- Supporting the team, you will assist them to flexibly to respond to different work pressures including picking up new and different areas of work as necessary. You may manage a small team of commissioning officers to support your work.
What we need from you
- You will have a degree or professional qualification in social care, health care, public health, housing or business studies or other relevant subject or comparable experience gained in the workplace.
- You will have minimum CIPS level 3 qualification, or significant experience of procurement in the workplace.
- It is highly desirable that you have experience at a senior level of working in a commissioning role in a social care, housing, health or Public Health environment. You will require knowledge of relevant legislation, including Care Act market shaping responsibilities and EU procurement rules.
- We require you to have experience of developing and delivering creative and innovative commissioning strategies / business plans, including needs assessment and market analysis preferably related to social care, health, public health and housing services and of contract management and performance appraisal.
- You'll have an understanding of children’s and adult social care, housing, health and Public Health and their underpinning values, standards and legislative framework, including an understanding of the personalisation agenda.
How a career at South Gloucestershire Council is different
- We know our team work best when they have balance in their lives and we offer genuine flexibility to help them achieve that work/life balance - whatever that means for them.
- We value our staff as individuals, investing in their careers and we are recognised for the quality, breadth and depth of our training and development offer, which helps make the greatest long-term difference in work.
- As part of our benefits package you will receive generous annual leave (pro rata), employee wellbeing support and you will have access to a range of staff discounts, including eye tests, travel, shopping and leisure activities.
- We recognise that our diverse team of skilled and dedicated people make us a great place to work. We welcome applications from everyone and ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and developed on the basis of their merits and abilities.
Our teams at South Gloucestershire Council are making a real difference to the lives of people who live, work and learn here.
- We're building and shaping communities which people are proud of
- We're working with the most vulnerable in our community to help them achieve what they want in life
- We're investing in our schools to ensure every child and young person in South Gloucestershire achieves their full potential.
We've achieved a great deal, but we need talented and dedicated people to ensure we continue to make a difference.
We’re making a difference, be part of it!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert