Commercial & Procurement Consultants - Senior & entry level
- Evolve Commercial Ltd
- Homeworking, UK based
- £30,000 - £65,000 depending on level + performance bonus + sales bonus + share option + benefits
- Closing date
- 17 Feb 2023
- Specialist Area
- Purchasing, supply (main), Buying, Contracts, Procurement, Supply chain, Category management
- Job Level
- Analyst, Buyer, Consultant, Manager, Specialist
- Consultancy, Information Technology, Legal, Management & Executive, Public Sector
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- CIPS Membership
- CIPS member, Non CIPS member
Evolve Commercial is digital procurement consultancy that provides commercial and procurement services to help our clients deliver their complex and security-sensitive technology programmes. Formed in 2020, we are an exciting, fast-growing, and vibrant SME who are looking for experienced professionals to join our growing team in 2023.
We can promise that working at an SME like Evolve is refreshingly different to working at your typical large corporation or consultancy. You’ll be able to play an integral part in the company and will participate in a complete range of important business activities, while actually influencing company development from day one. To thrive in this environment, we only ask that you bring a high degree of pro-activeness, independent aptitude, and flexibility. If change is something that excites you then Evolve could be the right career move for you.
We are fully digitally native and embrace the modern freedoms and flexibility of Home Working. Travel is based on when it drives actual value and not merely ‘presenteeism’ – instead it is for business with clients, for quarterly get-togethers with your colleagues, and when face-to-face is truly beneficial.
Evolve is a strong, close-knit team, who shares in great fun and great work. We are growing this business together - so if whether this is the kind of fresh venture you’ve always wanted, you’ve come to a point in your career where you need something new and exciting, or if you feel like you want to test your skills in a new environment - then you will never find a better time to join us than right now.
Evolve Commercial is, ultimately, the sum of its team. And as such, every member of the team will have the opportunity to own part of the company in return. In 2022 we launched an Employee Management Incentive programme and have ringfenced 20% of the company to put into staff hands. This will enable employees to benefit from additional dividend payments from company profits (on top of bonuses!) as well as share in any benefit from any future business sale. You’d work to benefit Evolve, so why not have it work to benefit you in return?
As a Senior Consultant you will be expected to have the additional capability to lead and deliver complex programmes using your own comprehensive skills and experience as well as support and guide team-mates. You will also work closely with the directors to play a key and active role in future company development.
- Client relationship management Help develop the company’s service offering and capability Help deliver suitable sales opportunities to drive company growth
Provide expert commercial & procurement advice to our clients:
- Development of procurement and commercial strategies
- Owning and assisting pre-sourcing market analysis
- Authoring and supporting business cases for new procurements
- Management of tender activities using public sector frameworks
- Supplier performance management
- Undertake value-for-money analysis for business cases and tenders
- Advise on compliance with Public Contract Regulations and Defence & Security Public Contract Regulations as well as the clients’ internal policies and procedures
- Carrying out Contract Management and ensuring that files are up to date, providing an auditable trail of effective management
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong track record of delivery
- Ability to build effective relationships with clients
- Strong business acumen, able to adapt to different clients and quickly pick up new tasks or use initiative to seek out and resolve problems
- Comprehensive understanding of Public Contract Regulations and ideally experience operating in the Defence or Security sector
- Strong understanding of technology procurement from a business perspective; i.e. knowledge of different types of technologies such as cloud, PaaS, SaaS, how they are procured and managed
- Ability to identify and manage commercial risk & opportunity through effective contracting
- Ability to deliver results to meet contracted deadlines and customer expectations.
- Successful candidate likely to hold or be working towards CIPS/MCIPS or IACCM accreditation
- Other professional qualifications and a relevant degree or degree level qualification are also desirable
- Ability to obtain Security Clearance essential
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert