Senior Procurement Advisor x3
- Natural Resources Wales
- Flexible (but travel to other locations across Wales will be necessary)
- £37,308-£40,806 (Grade 6)
- Closing date
- 12 Feb 2023
- Specialist Area
- Procurement, Supply chain, Category management
- Job Level
- Manager, Specialist, Senior Executive / Officer
- Engineering / Manufacturing, Horticulture, Information Technology, Public Sector, Energy
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- CIPS Membership
- CIPS member, Non CIPS member
Senior Procurement Advisor x3
Closing date: 12 February 2023
Location: Flexible (but travel to other locations across Wales will be necessary)
Grade & Salary: £37,308-£40,806 (Grade 6)
Post number: 203303, 203302, 203329
Type of contract: Permanent appointment in a fixed term role until 31 March 2025
Work pattern: Full Time, 37 hours
- 203329 - Nature Networks, Water Quality, National Forests Programme
- 203302 - National Peatlands Programme
- 203303 - Land Management
NRW’s purpose is to pursue the sustainable management of natural resources in Wales, this means that the work and support provided by NRW Procurement is extremely varied and interesting in nature. With alignment to strategic categories, the team provide support to Contract Managers across a range of business areas, inclusive of, but not limited to Civil Engineering, Forest Operations, Land Management, ICT, Fleet and Facilities and many others.
The NRW Procurement team play a vital role in the delivery of NRW’s Corporate Objectives, Commercial Strategy and Service Plans; implementing best practice in procurement across NRW, promoting the benefits of a compliant, flexible process that achieves value for money for our stakeholders.
The department relies on qualified and experienced procurement professionals to bring a depth of understanding of the subject matter in line with all relevant procurement legislation, policies and procedures that we must adhere to.
The role of Senior Advisor, Procurement, will provide support to the Category Lead and support to other categories as required; you will also help NRW achieve its wider initiatives and objectives that seek to mitigate the climate and nature emergency.
You should be a member of the Chartered Institute of Purchase & Supply (CIPS), or have a relevant business degree such as The BA (Hons) Business Management (Supply Chain Management or Business administration). The successful applicant will be expected to undertake and obtain CIPS level 6 if not already qualified to that level.
- The Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (Full Membership or working towards), or have a relevant business degree such as The BA (Hons) Business Management (Supply Chain Management or Business administration). (desirable) The successful applicant will be expected to undertake and obtain CIPS level 6 if not already qualified to that level.
- Substantial experience of delivering strategic (high value/high risk) procurements within the public or private sector. (essential)
- Substantial experience of influencing procurement decisions at a project level.
- Experience of undertaking and leading procurement exercises, demonstrating success with their delivery. (essential)
- Experience of undertaking high level and complex negotiations with supply partners. (desirable)
- Transferrable experience of using procurement to deliver business objectives. (desirable)
- Understanding of procurement concepts, practices, governance & techniques, & maintenance of this through a range of interests & peer group interaction. (essential)
- Agile and flexible working
- Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
- Generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
- Health and wellbeing benefits and support
- Weekly well-being hour to use at your choice
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert