- HS2 Ltd
- Birmingham, West Midlands & London
- B’Ham £ 41,745 - £52,152.50 (inclusive of 15% flex) London £45,137.50 - £56,465
- Closing date
- 5 Mar 2023
- Specialist Area
- Job Level
- Automotive, Transport
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- CIPS Membership
- CIPS member
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential. In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
As a Procurement Manager (Rail Systems & Stations & Phase 2) at HS2 you will be working within a small team to deliver the procurement activities of a procurement ‘package’, with each package between £10m and £1bn, and will be accountable for significant elements of procurement delivery for each package. The Procurement Manager will work closely with colleagues across the business to prepare and deliver the procurement activities and will align potentially conflicting information requiring significant influencing skills.
About the role
- Responsible for delivery elements of the operational procurement for the relevant package(s) and providing support for the delivery of the overall procurement, ensuring that these are aligned with other similar packages.
- Supporting the achievement of governance approval and assurance of all procurement deliverables as defined within the HS2 Procurement Handbook. Following approval of the relevant Category Plan, this includes responsibility for developing key components of the necessary Prequalification and ITT documentation to agreed timelines and ensuring that these achieve relevant approvals and assurance to permit release of this documentation.
- Supporting the management the procurement evaluation processes for the relevant package, including independently managing the day-to-day evaluation undertaken by a wide array of colleagues, and ensuring that these achieve relevant approvals and assurance to allow appropriate short-listing and contract award.
- Ensure HS2’s procurement activities are undertaken in compliance with EU and UK legislation whilst driving a process that will become a benchmark for future projects around the world.
- Provide support to colleagues within the team and in other areas in the use of eSourcing.
- Ensure procurement reporting and management information is provided
- accurately and on a timely basis to synch with HS2 business reporting rhythm and cycles.
- Maintain systems data, ensuring appropriate storage, distribution and compliance
- Advise HS2 Ltd colleagues on the appropriate procurement approach.
- Present to boards and committees, as required, in order to respond to challenge and scrutiny
Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Analytical and commercial skills.
- Skilled in compiling tender and commercial documents
- Ability to deploy a range of negotiation tactics and strategies to secure optimal outcomes
- Demonstrates stakeholder focus, giving priority to engage with and understand requirements, facilitating others’ understanding, to ensure these can be discussed and met as closely as possible.
- Ability to develop meaningful metrics for procurement selection purposes, incentivisation and contract performance measurements
- Ability to act as a mentor to others to help and support effective performance and development
- Ability to tailor communication to appeal to, include and engage with different audiences using pertinent argument and influencing techniques
Ability to generate a range of ideas or solutions to address problems or make improvements, taking into account pragmatic solutions
- Governance, Assurance & Compliance
- Strategy Development
- Project Management & Planning
- Estimating & Cost Planning
- UCR/PCR Application
- Bespoke Third Party Agreements
- Contract Management & Administration
- Dispute Resolution
- Cost Control
- Risk & Value Management
- Supply Chain Management
Type of experience:
- Experience in a matrix environment, with high influencing and communication skills – able to persuade on the basis of objective argument founded in fact and analysis
- Experience of utilising different procurement routes, including use of OJEU processes and frameworks
- Experience of procuring large value complex heavy civils / construction or similar works/services in compliance with the Utilities Contracts Regulations with a thorough knowledge of applicable EU and UK procurement legislation and contracts using the NEC suite of contract forms
- Experience of sponsor / Stakeholder relationship and management experience, together with highly developed communication and influencing skills
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential.
HS2 will revolutionise our railways, create thousands of jobs, bring major cities closer together, generate investment in neglected areas and provide passengers with an unprecedented travel experience.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert