Head of Sourcing
- £56,164 - £70,483
- Closing date
- 3 Apr 2023
- Specialist Area
- Job Level
- Director / Head / VP / CPO
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- CIPS Membership
- Non CIPS member
- A fantastic opportunity to join BWPC as a Head of Sourcing
- Opportunity to play a key role in the delivery of the BWPC strategy
About Our Client
The team at Bristol and Weston NHS Purchasing Consortium (BWPC) delivers procurement services to the two large acute NHS Trusts in Bristol, North Bristol NHS Trust & University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust. BWPC support the trusts in the development and delivery of their procurement strategies, offering professional advice and delivering cost savings through sustainable procurement on an annual spend of circa £450m.
BWPC are proud to feature amongst their clients two of the largest NHS Acute Trusts in the UK, with a combined total of over 2,300 patient beds, 21,000 staff and offering over 100 different clinical services. BWPC future vision is to grow the portfolio of their clients to support other health and social care providers in the region. BWPC are already supporting regional procurement activities, working to ensure our local health and welfare providers are able to deliver whole system cost reduction, whilst ensuring an optimised service delivery.
The team at BWPC work closely with clinical facing colleagues and strive to develop collaborative working partnerships to help clinical colleagues deliver great patent care through robust procurement of good and services. Collaborative working with both trusts and other organisations brings economies of scale, sharing of data and best practice to maximise value and efficiencies for our clients.
This role comes at a time of exciting opportunity across BWPC, the successful applicant has the opportunity to shape, drive and implement key transformational change projects across the organisation.
As Head of Sourcing, you will:
Play a key role in the delivery of the BWPC strategy. Of particular focus early on will be the establishment the target operating model and, latterly, the organisational structure, that effectively pools the experience/ resources of the multiple regional procurement teams whilst respecting the organisational boundaries that exist.
Be responsible for leading the category teams (collectively known as the Sourcing Team) ensuring that excellent procurement support is provided to the whole healthier together partnership through effective management of our supply chain.
Be accountable for the effective management of, and the value delivery for, the procurement of goods and services across the NHS provider landscape. Oversee a team supporting the development of category strategies, the execution of high value strategic initiatives, as well as ensuring that the day to day transaction needs of the Trusts are met.
As a leadership role, the Head of Sourcing shall drive category strategy realisation through effective management of resources and extensive engagement with procurement and commercial leads across the NHS secondary care provider landscape, major suppliers and senior stakeholders in relevant NHS / government bodies. One of the key objectives of the role is to help deliver the NHS strategy of having the ICS as the base unit for procurement, and to create a strong platform of category management at that level.
The Head of Sourcing shall own elements of the overall procurement lifecycle, including strategy development, understanding needs and sourcing options, category management and the procurement process itself. This will be done through the development and execution of category management strategies, leading supplier negotiations, where needed, and delivering timely and effective support, guidance and expertise to stakeholders.
The Successful Applicant
- BWPC are looking for a someone to bring diverse thinking into the Senior Management Team.
- Who has strong experience in the execution of category management strategies across multiple stakeholders and leading complex programmes of work
- Is experienced in the area of advanced negotiation, ideally within purchasing/contracting environment.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Interviews are scheduled to be held week commencing 3rd April 2023.
What's on Offer
The NHS offer a generous range of benefits to employees:
- Salary between £56,164 - £70,483
- Competitive pension scheme.
- 27 days annual leave minimum plus bank holidays.
- Agile / Hybrid working approach
- There is a relocation package on offer to successful candidates
- North Bristol NHS Trust who hosts Bristol and Weston NHS Purchasing Consortium have a strong wellbeing culture. Staff are encouraged to ensure that you are looking after your own wellbeing as well as that of your colleagues. This is strongly reflected in BWPC.
- Staff extracurricular activities - Southmead charity events.
- Access to the NHS Childcare Salary Sacrifice Scheme.
- Access to many NHS discount opportunities.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPYCJN0220235960115Z
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert