Associate Programme Management Officer (Vendor Management), P2
- UNJSPF / OIM
- New York City, New York (US)
- Grade P-2
- Closing date
- 2 Apr 2023
- Specialist Area
- Procurement, Supply chain
- Job Level
- Executive / Officer, Senior Executive / Officer
- Public Sector
- Contract Type
- Interim, contract and temporary
- Full Time
- CIPS Membership
- Non CIPS member
Duty Station: New York, USA.
Closing Period: 02 April 2023
Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Secretary-General is responsible for the investment of the assets of the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund (UNJSPF). The Secretary-General has delegated this responsibility to the Representative of the Secretary-General for the investment of the assets of the UNJSPF (RSG). The RSG heads the Office of Investment Management (OIM), which manages approximately $70+ billion multi-asset class, global investment portfolio, about 85% of which is actively managed in-house. Asset classes under management comprise global equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, private equity, real estate, infrastructure, timber, and commodities. OIM’s staff are all based in New York but come from over 30 countries. For more information, please visit OIM's website at https://unjspf.org/.
This position is in the Operations and Information Systems Section of the Office of Investment Management (OIM) of the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund (UNJSPF). The incumbent reports to the Head of the Enterprise Programme / Vendor Management team.
Within delegated authority, the Associate Programme Officer (Vendor Management) will be responsible for the following duties:
- Responsible for the vendor management of the overall portfolio of 100+ vendors. Drives the development of templates and processes associated with the Vendor Management Office (VMO).
- Manages vendor risk and performance assessments for relevant subset of key vendors in accordance with the VMO Charter and Framework.
- Acts as a coordinator/focal point between OIM’s internal stakeholders (such as business owners, IT / Data / Risk teams, Procurement, and Legal departments) and external vendors.
- Maintains relationships with vendors. Review contractual documents and reports relevant to vendors. Processes invoices, purchase orders, shopping cart requests, aligned with budget and contracts.
- Works with internal stakeholders and external vendors to facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned portfolio of vendors, etc.; monitors and analyzes specific aspects of vendors performance and risks; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and recommends corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and tracks follow-up actions.
- Carries out basic research on selected aspects of programmes, operations and other activities, etc., to include collecting, analyzing and presenting statistical data and other information gathered from diverse sources.
- Provides substantive support for policy coordination and evaluation functions, including the review and analysis of emerging issues and trends, participation in evaluations or research activities and studies.
- Assists in performing consulting assignments, in collaboration with the client, by planning facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan the client will use to manage the change.
- Participates in survey initiatives; assists with design of data collection tools; issues data collection tools, reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identifies problems/issues and prepares preliminary conclusions.
- Contributes to the preparation of various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
- Provides administrative and substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying and proposed participants, preparation of background documents and presentations, handling logistics, etc.
- Undertakes outreach activities; participates in the development of training workshops, seminars, etc.; participates in and makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Participates in field missions, including provision of substantive and administrative support, data collection, etc.
- Coordinates activities related to budget funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.) and preparation of related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.).
- Contributes to the collection and analysis of data as well as identification of trends or patterns and provides draft insights through graphs, charts, tables and reports using data visualization methods for data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Professionalism: Knowledge and understanding of vendor and contract management theories, concepts and approaches relevant to the financial services sector and information and communications technology. Aptitude to thoughtfully govern the vendor management activity whilst maintaining alignment with business strategy and objectives. Ability to identify vendor risks and issues (covering technology, financial, reputational, operational, etc), analyze and participate in the resolution of issues/problems. Ability to assist with vendor data collection using various methods. Conceptual analytical and evaluative skills to conduct independent vendor research, as well as vendor risk and performance analysis, including familiarity with and experience in the use of various research sources, including electronic sources on the internet, intranet and other databases. Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities. The ability to analyze and interpret data in support of decision-making and convey resulting information to management. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
An advanced degree in in business administration, management, economics, information technology or a related field. A first level degree in combination with two additional years of experience, may be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree.
Certification in procurement and supply management (e.g. CIPS, CPSM, CTPE, SFIA) is desirable.
Certification in programme or project management (e.g. PMP, PCAS, PMI-ACP, CAPM, CSM, CompTIA Project+, Prince2) is desirable.
Certification in process improvement (e.g. Lean Six Sigma, Six Sigma, CMMI, SPC, EPC) is desirable.
Knowledge of a business intelligence tool (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, QlickView) is desirable.
A minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in a combination of vendor management and programme management or related area is required.
Experience in successfully implementing and managing processes that support the organization’s vendor / contract management policies is required.
Experience performing vendor onboarding and segmentation; coordinating and orchestrating vendor performance reviews, including producing written reports, is desirable.
Experience assessing vendor risks and issues, including defining Key Risk Indicators (KRI) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) is desirable.
Experience managing strategic relationships with vendors, as well as operational processes, is desirable.
Experience in the financial industry and/or working with investment management vendors and advisors is desirable.
Experience using Excel (pivot table, vlookup, formulas, conditional formatting) and PowerPoint (charts and graphs, master views) tools is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
For more information on how to apply, please follow: https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=202477&Lang=en-US
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert