IT Category Manager - Public Sector Institute
- Bramwith Consulting
- GBP50000 - GBP60000 per annum + Package
- Closing date
- 13 Apr 2023
- Specialist Area
- Buying, Category management
- Job Level
- Buyer, Consultant
- Banking,Finance and Insurance, Public Sector
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- CIPS Membership
- CIPS member
Role: IT Category Manager
Firm: Public Sector Institute - Private Sector Regulations Followed
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Package: 20% Pension Contribution, 31 days AL, Discounted Gym/Pool Access, Childcare Facilities, Dental Care & 24/7 Free Doctor Access.
Location: London - Hybrid working (2 days in office PW).
Contact: Tabitha - email@example.com
Our client is a leading UK Higher Education Institute based in the heart of London City. They are seeking an seasoned IT Category Manager to join the team and to report directly into the Head of Procurement. This institute have a forward thinking, inclusive and collaborative culture. They value employs by giving them flexibility where needed, whether that flexible hours, hybrid working, access to university facilities, i.e., the gym, cafes, etc.
This role primarily will be responsible for the procurement and category management on the universities wide basis of IT related equipment, software, products, maintenance/support services and more.
Key responsibilities for the IT Procurement Manager:
- Lead and co-ordinate delivery of a large scope of procurement programmes that cover the IT category. This includes software, hardware, maintenance and support for the university wide basis (£17 Million).
- Work on a variety of university contracts and are providing the best value for money and are ensuring performance improvements across departments.
- Provide and develop professional procurement strategy advice to senior managers and heads of departments.
- Work with senior stakeholder group to drive procurement activities/improvements.
- Significant procurement role within a complex environment in either public or private sector, alongside experience in category management and public procurement legislation, in particular IT.
- Proved success in senior contracts negotiations with large suppliers and customers.
- Can demonstrate experience in management procurement programmes and projects delivering clear change.
- Strategic thinker, customer focused, analytical & problem solving skills.
- CIPS or MCIPS qualified.
If you would like to hear more on this role then please reach out to Tabitha at JobsTH@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Key words: procurement, IT procurement, IT category manager, IT procurement manager, IT sourcing manager, hardware procurement, software procurement, public sector procurement, private sector procurement, higher education procurement, MCIPS, CIPS, London, UK university.
Award-winning recruitment specialist with an exclusive global pool of procurement, operations and supply chain talent.
Working with a wide range of small start-ups through to large FTSE 100 businesses, Bramwith Consulting has established a reputation for excellence, delivery and market knowledge.
Our expert consultants, work on both contingency and retained search mandates with clients, advising and assisting them in hiring niche Procurement staff. Our experienced recruiters have proven track records establishing and developing relationships with clients and candidates alike, allowing us to provide the highest calibre of candidates and job opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert