The Senior Procurement Manager is the primary advisor/matter expert and the business partner to a specified business unit(s) for procurement & commercial activities. The role is responsible for a varied range of goods and services for an organisation and its subsidiary companies.
The role is focused on procurement & commercial activity where the whole of contract life is greater than £50,000 (key contracts/major procurement), and also provides advice to business units where the whole of contract life is under £50,000 and/or represents a high risk.
The role plans and delivers best practice planning, sourcing & managing to optimise the performance of procurement & commercial activities across the organisation.
- Planning Procurement Activities - such as ownership of the sourcing strategies and vendor pipeline for the procurement of goods and services within a specified portfolio(s)
- Leading end-to-end vendor selection for major procurement activities to achieve commercial value
- Lead negotiation and concluding of contracts for major procurement activities in coordination with legal, contract owner(s), SMEs and other stakeholders
- Effective stakeholder engagement for major procurement activities across the business unit(s) including management of steering, working, and subject matter working groups
- Contract management for supplier agreements for relationships where the Commercial & Procurement function is the contract owner
- Strong technical procurement experience (5-10 years), leading or supporting procurement and contract management
- Sound understanding of risk management in a procurement context e.g. H&S
- A sound understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis
- Advanced experience in the provision of procurement advice to stakeholders, analysing issues and evaluating options and managing diverse internal and external relationships and building and managing effective project teams
- Relevant professional qualifications (desirable), such as: qualification in a commercial discipline. CIPS (or equivalent) or study towards CIPS (or equivalent) qualification.
Why New Zealand?
New Zealand has the work-life balance just right. It's why NZ is famous for its quality of life.
Survey after survey proves New Zealand’s enviable work-life balance. HSBC's 2021 Expat Explorer survey ranked NZ as 1st in the world for outlook, 2nd for lifestyle, and 3rd best place overall for expats to live and work.