Senior Procurement Manager in Auckland
- Robert Walters
- New Zealand (NZ)
- up to £75k plus pension
- Closing date
- 27 Apr 2023
- Specialist Area
- Purchasing, supply (main), Contracts, Procurement, Category management
- Job Level
- Executive / Officer, Manager
- Public Sector
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- CIPS Membership
- CIPS member
The Senior Procurement Manager is the primary advisor/matter expert and the business partner to a specified business unit(s) for procurement & commercial activities. The role is responsible for a varied range of goods and services for an organisation and its subsidiary companies.
The role is focused on procurement & commercial activity where the whole of contract life is greater than £50,000 (key contracts/major procurement), and also provides advice to business units where the whole of contract life is under £50,000 and/or represents a high risk.
The role plans and delivers best practice planning, sourcing & managing to optimise the performance of procurement & commercial activities across the organisation.
- Planning Procurement Activities - such as ownership of the sourcing strategies and vendor pipeline for the procurement of goods and services within a specified portfolio(s)
- Leading end-to-end vendor selection for major procurement activities to achieve commercial value
- Lead negotiation and concluding of contracts for major procurement activities in coordination with legal, contract owner(s), SMEs and other stakeholders
- Effective stakeholder engagement for major procurement activities across the business unit(s) including management of steering, working, and subject matter working groups
- Contract management for supplier agreements for relationships where the Commercial & Procurement function is the contract owner
- Strong technical procurement experience (5-10 years), leading or supporting procurement and contract management
- Sound understanding of risk management in a procurement context e.g. H&S
- A sound understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis
- Advanced experience in the provision of procurement advice to stakeholders, analysing issues and evaluating options and managing diverse internal and external relationships and building and managing effective project teams
- Relevant professional qualifications (desirable), such as: qualification in a commercial discipline. CIPS (or equivalent) or study towards CIPS (or equivalent) qualification.
Why New Zealand?
New Zealand has the work-life balance just right. It's why NZ is famous for its quality of life.
Survey after survey proves New Zealand’s enviable work-life balance. HSBC's 2021 Expat Explorer survey ranked NZ as 1st in the world for outlook, 2nd for lifestyle, and 3rd best place overall for expats to live and work.
The Robert Walters procurement & supply chain division focuses on the recruitment of permanent, contract and interim procurement and supply chain professionals across England and Scotland.
We have an exceptional client base encompassing major blue-chip businesses and smaller SME organisations. The team recruits across the full spectrum of procurement and supply chain positions, ranging from demand and supply chain planners through to chief procurement officers and supply chain director appointments.
Typical roles and disciplines we recruit for include:
- Supply chain director
- Head of supply chain
- Logistics director
- General manager
- Supply chain manager
- Transport manager
- Warehouse manager
- Demand/supply planning manager
- Demand/supply planner
- Production planner
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert