Senior Logistics Modeller
- Ilcester, Bristol or Salisbury
- £39,500 - £42,500 per annum (plus generous benefits)
- Closing date
- 27 Mar 2023
- Specialist Area
- Logistics, Supply chain
- Job Level
- Manager, Planner, Specialist
- Public Sector
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- CIPS Membership
- CIPS member, Non CIPS member
Are you a problem solver with the ability and passion to analyse and interpret data? Join our Modelling and Analysis team, and help deliver supply chain systems modelling, data and metric analysis supporting the operational platforms used across Defence.
As a Senior Logistics Modeller, you'll lead a team of modellers identifying cost-optimised spares lists. By building digital models and running simulations of our support chain operations, we understand how the equipment and supply chain will perform over time and to what cost. Here, your work will help the UK military and DE&S delivery teams choose the appropriate amount of kit to take on active and future operations.
You can join us in Ilchester, Bristol, or Salisbury.
You will be based in the offices on your chosen site, and an in-office attendance will be expected as necessary. Wherever you chose to locate, you'll have opportunity to collaborate with our wider team in the other sites.
Due to the security requirements of this position, it is open to applications from Sole UK Nationals only.
Responsibilities for Senior Logistics Modeller
- Manage a small team of around three Logistics Modellers, directing and prioritising tasks to ensure that customers’ timelines are met and in are line with business Key Performance Indicators.
- Lead logistics modelling and data analysis, including for inventory and supply chain, to support DE&S and the military front-line commands in accordance with agreed business processes and standards and act as a dedicated point of contact.
- Lead the development of systems, processes, and tools for Logistics Modelling including relevant governance processes to ensure continuous improvement.
- Maintain an understanding of the latest software and methodologies for Logistics Modelling to ensure DE&S apply best practice.
- Scope, plan and deliver Logistics Modelling projects to an agreed set of business requirements, in terms of cost, timescale and quality parameters, to meet business and customer needs.
- Identify trends based on the analysis of data using appropriate tools and techniques to inform management decisions.
- Provide advice and guidance to customers on the relevance and suitability of commercial tools and methods using appropriate assessment techniques.
- Identify personal and team skill gaps specific to subject area to ensure capability is continuously improved.
To be successful with your application, you’ll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Project management experience in Modelling and Analysis and other areas of Logistics including Supply and Support Chain.
- Sufficient knowledge to act as a Subject Matter Expert for Logistics Modelling techniques, policies, and processes.
- Experience with spares optimisation software, for example OPUS10, SIMLOX and CATLOC.
- Ability to engage as Subject Matter Expert with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong IT literacy (MS Office 365), numeracy and English language skills.
We’re pleased to offer a generous benefits package to support everything from your work-life balance to your bank balance, including:
- 25 days’ holiday a year, plus 1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27 percent, an annual performance-based bonus, and recognition awards
- Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
- Access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, with plenty of opportunities and support for progression
- A huge range of discounts
- Up to six days of paid leave a year for volunteering
- Enhanced parental leave schemes
- We champion a diverse and inclusive environment, where everyone can be themselves and give their best. We believe that by harnessing the power of different ideas, experiences, and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Discover more about our benefits: des.mod.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/DES-Little-Book-of-Big-Benefits.pdf
Ready to see where your ambition will lead you? Apply today.
It takes a wide range of talented individuals to keep things moving forward at Defence Equipment & Support and our sister organisation, the Submarine Delivery Agency. From accounting and procurement to project management and engineering, it takes diverse specialisms to keep boots on feet, tanks on tracks, and submarines submerged and undetected. Together, we imagine what’s possible across air, land, and sea, and then lead the way. And by pushing for ‘best in class’ our teams can break new ground in their field and keep our nation safe.
- 0800 345 7772
MOD Abbey Wood
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert