Commercial Operations Assurance Manager
- The NHS Blood and Transplant
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Band 8b, £56,164 - £65,262 pa plus HCA Supplement where applicable
- Closing date
- 12 Apr 2023
- Specialist Area
- Job Level
- Manager, Planner
- Healthcare, Public Sector
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- CIPS Membership
- CIPS member, Non CIPS member
Commercial Operations Assurance Manager
Job reference: 001443
Band 8b, £56,164 - £65,262 pa plus HCA Supplement where applicable
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Location by agreement at one of our main sites
The Commercial Operations Assurance Manager will play a leading role supporting NHSBT in a major transformation programme of the Commercial Function.
You will lead enabling critical services that involve multi-faceted engagement across multiple stakeholders at all levels both within NHSBT, DHSC, Cabinet Office, and across Government, often leading discrete projects on behalf of Commercial. This includes responsibility for ensuring the Commercial Operations team provide high quality support services and assurance to inform effective decision-making and gaining support from DHSC and Cabinet Office. You will be responsible for scrutinising Commercial activities and transactions of all values and categories, and all life cycle stages to ensure that our interests are protected and best value is secured for the taxpayer.
You will establish and drive continuous improvement and innovation for a broad range of activities including running governance and assurance, developing and implementing policies and processes, managing audits and driving change. You will also be required to design, develop, and implement an assurance policy, process, documents and framework to ensure compliance with DHSC, Cabinet Office, HMT requirements and best practice. You will proactively develop strong relationships with stakeholders and provide leadership to NHSBT regarding Commercial policy and guidance developments across the public sector.
Main duties of the job
- Accountable for Commercial governance, assurance and compliance through a robust framework of policies and processes. Providing senior expert level input and specialist expert knowledge of commercial assurance and governance procedures to support wider strategic and business planning. Extensive planning responsibilities, including: (a) planning for implementation of new guidance and best practice; (b) when activities are to complete SOC (Strategic Outline Case), OBC (Outline Business Case) and FBC (Full Business Case) to achieve contract award to time and timely go-live; (c) planning and preparation for engagement with DHSC and Cabinet Office to authorise business cases. Providing leadership on Commercial Assurance and Governance. Planning and monitoring multiple overlapping programmes of activity. Building and maintaining internal and external stakeholder relationships to ensure that robust commercial assurance and governance is in place. Briefing The Commercial Function/senior colleagues/boards on wider impacts from external organisations, parliamentary activity or planned legislative change. Driving change, continuous improvement and best practice. Providing assurance and governance for complex commercial solutions while ensuring that risk is mitigated.
Knowledge and Experience
- Well-developed procurement and contract management skills at a senior level. Advanced planning skills in relation to complex ongoing projects across overlapping areas of responsibility and multiple contracts or programmes of commercial activity. Sound knowledge of contract management and in depth knowledge of law. Project management experience. Good interpersonal skills, able to provide direction, influence and persuade. Experience of leading response to audits as well as leading responses to freedom of information requests and Parliamentary questions. Experience of establishing and leading Commercial Assurance and Governance. Time Management skills and the ability to meet deadlines. Decision making and problem-solving skills.
Qualifications and Training
- CIPS Professional Diploma Level 6 or equivalent experience. Educated to Masters level in a relevant subject and/or equivalent experience of working at a senior level.
Please view the candidate pack which is a summary of the detailed Job Description and Person Specification for the full personal attributes we require for the role. You will need to demonstrate these throughout the recruitment process.
At NHS Blood and Transplant, we’re incredibly proud of the many talented people who come together every day to make our organisation the very best it can be. We have clearly defined values that are centred around offering exceptional care to our donors and their families. We take care of each other too and we focus on building our expertise so we can change lives, provide quality support and offer fulfilling careers.
It’s an opportunity to contribute to a unique team as part of a service that saves lives 365 days a year. We offer brilliant benefits including 27 days of holiday (plus bank holidays), a comprehensive induction and training programme, and competitive pension scheme.
We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace and aim to reflect the diverse communities we work with and positively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Three small words, one big difference - Caring, Expert and Quality.
Together we'll save and improve more lives than ever.
This vacancy will close at 23:59 on 12 April 2023.
Interviews are anticipated to be held on w/c 15 & 22 May – subject to confirmation.
For informal enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply link: https://jobs.nhsbt.nhs.uk/internal/Job/JobDetail?JobId=1406
NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT) is an integral part of the NHS employing circa 5,000 people with an income of £425m. The authority operates out of three manufacturing and seven testing centres with 105 teams collecting circa 1.8m blood donations on annual basis.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert