- London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham
- Hammersmith and Fulham, London (Greater)
- £55,845 - £58,995 per annum
- Closing date
- 23 Apr 2023
- Specialist Area
- Category management
- Job Level
- Director / Head / VP / CPO
- Public Sector
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- CIPS Membership
- Non CIPS member
£55,845 - £58,995 per annum
Permanent, 36 hours per week
Location: Hammersmith, London, W6 9JU
At Hammersmith & Fulham, we are ambitious in reforming the council to ensure this is a place for everybody. Within the Finance department, our ambition is to be 'ruthlessly financially efficient' in everything that we do, to ensure that our residents and services are receiving the best value for money whilst challenging old-fashioned thinking, unfairness and removing waste where possible.
If you are MCIPs qualified or have significant procurement and relevant operational delivery experience, we want to hear from you. We have three category lead roles available:
- Category Lead majoring on ‘People Category’ services and goods and works
- Category Lead majoring on ‘Place Category’ works, goods, and services
- Category Lead majoring on ‘Council Wide Category’ goods, works and services.
When we buy goods, works and services, we want the best outcomes for residents, value for money and compliance with Public Contract Regulations. H&F prides itself on investing well and securing the right quality, price, and social value. Strategic partnerships with organisations which share our values are important to us. Our ‘People Category’ contracts include services supporting residents directly such as care, public health, or community support. Our ‘Place Category’ contracts include works, goods and some services which transform the physical area. Our ‘Council Wide Category’ contracts covers corporate cross cutting contracts.
These senior roles translate strategy into delivery, through compliant procurement. You will lead work to manage major areas of investment by category, seeking commercial solutions in our present high inflation context. You will advise commissioners and/or commercial leads across the council and enable delivery of priority outcomes for residents. You will use and oversee use of our e-tendering portal and ensure our procurement documentation informs contracts which can be readily managed. You will manage procurement specialist/s and cross functional projects teams. You will be able to draft and review tenders, run a range of complex procurements under the public procurement contract regulations and have experience drafting specifications and supporting the drafting of contracts.
Our mission is to be the best council. To do this we need the best people to help build our vision. If you’re looking to develop your career in a fast-paced, professional environment whilst making a difference, then we look forward to hearing from you.
You will need to:
- Lead on corporate procurement matters and provide high-level advice to the Assistant Director Procurement and Commercial, Director of Finance, elected Members and SLT. To attend Member meetings, Scrutiny Panels and SLT as required. To make policy recommendations concerning procurement. Prepare complex and detailed reports, briefing notes, external correspondence, publicity and publications, and other material as required. Define, gain agreement to, and implement strategic sourcing plans (including a pipeline of procurement opportunities) for one of the categories and sourcing initiatives in support of defined business goals and business roadmaps. Act as a single point of contact for the category and escalation point for the business contractor matters which require procurement/contractual expertise. Use internal and external data and analysis, relationships, and specialist insight to provide a clear expert view (e.g., spend analysis, supply markets, sourcing value levers, supply market reviews, business case assessments etc.), to stimulate innovative problem solving within the business. Develop and commit to performance targets and provide reporting in line with business compliance and procedures Be responsible for all procurement activity within your category, ensuring full compliance with public procurement law, commercial procedures, policy, governance, and assurance processes. Develop and continuously review market facing, category specific plans and framework management mechanisms delivering innovative propositions which meet the needs of the business
Contact details for an informal discussion: Joanna McCormick, AD - Procurement and Commercial, 07776672688, or via email: JOANNA.MCCORMICK@LBHF.GOV.UK
Closing date: 30 April 2023.
To apply please click here Category Lead LBHF606250 (newjob.org.uk)
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert