- London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham
- Hammersmith and Fulham, London (Greater)
- £45,711 - £56,868 per annum
- Closing date
- 23 Apr 2023
- Specialist Area
- Category management
- Job Level
- Public Sector
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- CIPS Membership
- Non CIPS member
£45,711 - £56,868 per annum
Permanent, 36 hours per week
Location: Hammersmith, London W6 9JU
At Hammersmith & Fulham, we are ambitious in reforming the council to ensure this is a place for everybody. Within the Finance department, our ambition is to be 'ruthlessly financially efficient' in everything that we do, to ensure that our residents and services are receiving the best value for money whilst challenging old-fashioned thinking, unfairness and removing waste where possible.
If you are CIPs qualified or have experience of procurement and knowledge and experience in one of the relevant fields below, then we want to hear from you. We have two category specialist roles:
- Category specialist majoring on ‘People Category’ services and goods
- Category specialist majoring on ‘Place Category’ works, goods, and services
When we buy goods, works and services, we want the best outcomes for residents, value for money and compliance with the Public Contract Regulations. H&F prides itself on investing well and securing the right quality, price, and social value. Strategic partnerships with organisations which share our values are important to us. Our People Category contracts include services supporting residents directly such as care, public health, or community support. Our Place Category contracts include works and some services which transform the physical area.
Your role as a category specialist is to understand markets for your category and advise on procurement strategies, procurement process and contract awards which meet our strategic priorities and context. You will enable category management in the council and report to a Category lead. You will help the council to translate strategy into delivery, by advising on and running appropriate market competition for purchasing and informing contracts which can be readily managed. You will be able to draft tenders, run a procurement under the Public Contract Regulations and use our e-tendering portal.
Our mission is to be the best council. To do this we need the best people to help build our vision. If you’re looking to develop your career in a fast-paced, professional environment whilst making a difference, then we look forward to hearing from you.
You will need to:
- Ensure the council can get good outcomes, best value and compliance with regulations and be protected from legal challenge as a result of good quality professional advice on procurement Run end to end procurement activity for the appropriate category and sub-categories ensuring the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of tender and contract documentation using innovative solutions to secure compliant timely delivery Develop an understanding of business requirements and market intelligence for the assigned categories working with commissioners and operational colleagues Develop category plans and sourcing strategies and drive associated change management initiatives to deliver improved value for money using creativity to find ways to enhance the local processes. Engage and negotiate with markets and suppliers as part of procurement cycle, category management development and in the event of instances of supplier failure
Contact details for an informal discussion: Joanna McCormick, AD - Procurement and Commercial, 07776672688, or via email: JOANNA.MCCORMICK@LBHF.GOV.UK
Closing date: 30 April 2023.
To apply please click here Category Specialist LBHF606254 (newjob.org.uk)
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert