Commercial Category Manager
- Crown Prosecution Service
- CPS Areas across England and Wales
- £31,180 - £33,810 (National) £32,660 - £35,550 + £3,150 RRA (London)
- Closing date
- 17 Apr 2023
- Specialist Area
- Purchasing, supply (main), Contracts, Procurement, Category management
- Job Level
- Co-ordinator / Controller, Executive / Officer, Manager
- Legal, Public Sector
- Contract Type
- Full Time, Part Time / Job share
- CIPS Membership
- CIPS member, Non CIPS member
The Crown Prosecution Service are delighted to advertise the role of Commercial Category Manager to work within their Commercial team in the Finance Directorate.
This is an ideal time to join the CPS Commercial team, who are expanding and developing their function to deliver a wide-ranging, transformative commercial strategy. The Commercial team play a vital part through working with customers, suppliers, and markets to ensure our diverse range of services are provided to the highest quality and deliver excellent value for money.
As Commercial Contract Manager you will be responsible for delivering commercial activity across a range of goods and services, including supporting the development of procurement and contracting strategies, compiling tenders, managing service contracts, and providing commercial advice to stakeholders. You will support the delivery of category plans, including procurement and contract priorities reporting on risks and issues.
We are seeking individuals who will bring their experience of operating within complex commercial environment along with their desire to build strong working relationships through stakeholder management. You will also have experience of supporting the delivery of category strategy and plans, negotiating with suppliers and ensuring requirements are met to the standards agreed.
At the CPS we pride ourselves on providing a variety of benefits that ensure our employees’ requirements are at the core. We want to ensure our employees can thrive at work and home and offer a range of support to achieve a balance. This includes flexibility of working hours, flexibility to support caring responsibilities and a family friendly approach to work. We also offer a range of benefits including:
- Competitive Civil Service pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle2work scheme
- Access to employee savings including high street retailer offers and discounts
- Generous annual leave (25 days leave, rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service), plus bank holidays
- 1 extra privilege day for the King’s birthday
- 3 days paid leave for volunteering
- Flexible working and hybrid working
- Wellbeing offer and counselling
- Occupational health support
- Individual learning budget of £350 per year (in addition to CPS training)
If you have the skills and qualities we’re looking for and are looking for a role which allows you to support the delivery of justice, find out more and apply today.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert