Commercial Purchasing Manager
- Crown Prosecution Service
- Any CPS office location in England and Wales, however occasional travel will be required.
- £31,180 - £33,810 (National) £32,660 - £35,550 + £3,150 RRA (London)
- Closing date
- 21 Apr 2023
- Specialist Area
- Purchasing, supply (main), Contracts, Procurement, Category management
- Job Level
- Executive / Officer, Manager
- Legal, Public Sector
- Contract Type
- Full Time, Part Time / Job share
- CIPS Membership
- CIPS member, Non CIPS member
The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) are delighted to advertise the role of Commercial Purchasing Manager to work within their Commercial team in the Finance Directorate.
This is an exciting time to join the CPS Commercial Function, which is expanding and developing to deliver a wide-ranging, transformative commercial strategy. You will play a vital role at the heart of this transformation, working with global suppliers to deliver world-leading procurement and contract management services whilst ensuring excellent value for money for the organisation.
As Commercial Purchasing Manager you will support the design and delivery of procurement, purchasing and contracting strategies. You will handle queries from internal customers and the wider commercial team, meeting customer expectations and keeping purchasing programmes on track. As Purchasing Manager you will line manage administrative staff, taking responsibility for their career development.
We are looking for someone with experience of working in a commercial environment within a complex organisation. Experience of delivering high quality, value for money transactional purchasing is essential for this role. You will bring your expertise in creating and analysing data to produce reports and management information dashboards. Previous specific category and above threshold procurement management experience is highly desirable.
At the CPS we pride ourselves on providing a variety of benefits that ensure our employees’ requirements are at the core. We want to ensure our employees can thrive at work and home and offer a range of support to achieve a balance. This includes flexibility of working hours, flexibility to support caring responsibilities and a family friendly approach to work. We also offer a range of benefits including:
- Competitive Civil Service pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle2work scheme
- Access to employee savings including high street retailer offers and discounts
- Generous annual leave (25 days leave, rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service), plus bank holidays
- 1 extra privilege day for the King’s birthday
- 3 days paid leave for volunteering
- Flexible working and hybrid working
- Wellbeing offer and counselling
- Occupational health support
- Individual learning budget of £350 per year (in addition to CPS training)
If you have the skills and qualities we’re looking for and are looking for a role which allows you to support the delivery of justice, find out more and apply today.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert