Procurement Category Manager (Direct)
- Bramwith Consulting
- GBP50000 - GBP60000 per annum + Flexible Working
- Closing date
- 29 Apr 2023
- Specialist Area
- Procurement, Category management
- Job Level
- Engineering / Manufacturing, Manufacturing, Public Sector
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- CIPS Membership
- CIPS member, Non CIPS member
Direct Procurement Category Manager | UK-Leading Waste Management Organisation - London
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
This sustainable waste management organisation is the largest in the UK, they are leaders in generating renewable energy, reducing toxic chemicals, gases and creating sustainable materials to distribute across the nation.
Their £multibillion procurement function covers categories in infrastructure, engineering, utilities, fleets, and chemicals. The Direct Procurement Category Manager will be managing category spends of £100m.
The perfect candidate should have experience in the private or public sector and thrive in delivering end to end procurement through implementing strategic procurement knowledge and showcasing their skillset.
As the Direct Procurement Category Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing innovative end to end procurement strategies across the function, on large scale transformation projects.
- Negotiating terms in contracts, pricing and promotions with suppliers whilst building strong relationships to strengthening the managing process.
- Conducting market research into waste management, utilities, renewable energy organisations to identify new loopholes of opportunities, cost avoidance and strategic plans.
- Collaborating with other category managers, senior category managers, and juniors to expedite and help implement your strategic procurement plans.
Desired professional skills:
- Previous experience as a procurement category manager or senior buyer in a blue chip or global company.
- Previous or current experience negotiating, managing suppliers and senior stakeholders in a procurement environment.
- Excellent knowledge of category management and the end-to-end procurement cycle.
- Experience in showcase analytical and strategic abilities.
- Proficiency in using MS Office Suite.
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity, please share your CV to email@example.com
Key Skill: Procurement, Indirect Procurement, IT Procurement, Direct Procurement, Category Manager, Utilities, Infrastructure, FMCG, Engineering, IT, Marketing Procurement, Procurement Leadership, Contract Management, Software Procurement, Hardware Procurement, Supplier Relationship Management, Strategic Procurement, Commercial Procurement Lead, Transformation, Regional, Berkshire, Reading, London, Basingstoke, Oxford, Slough, UK.
Award-winning recruitment specialist with an exclusive global pool of procurement, operations and supply chain talent.
Working with a wide range of small start-ups through to large FTSE 100 businesses, Bramwith Consulting has established a reputation for excellence, delivery and market knowledge.
Our expert consultants, work on both contingency and retained search mandates with clients, advising and assisting them in hiring niche Procurement staff. Our experienced recruiters have proven track records establishing and developing relationships with clients and candidates alike, allowing us to provide the highest calibre of candidates and job opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert