BID MANAGER | SUPPLY CHAIN | AEROSPACE & DEFENCE | FTSE250
- Bramwith Consulting
- GBP45000 - GBP55000 per annum +
- Closing date
- 30 Apr 2023
- Specialist Area
- Purchasing, supply (main)
- Job Level
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- CIPS Membership
- CIPS member, Non CIPS member
BID MANAGER | SUPPLY CHAIN | AEROSPACE & DEFENCE | FTSE250 | SALARY 55K | PROCUREMENT | HYBRID - HAMPSHIRE
This is a unique opportunity for a Supply Chain Manager who is experienced in Bidding, RFQ's, RFP's, Bid Management, Supplier Selection, Bid Evaluation and Contract Negotiation to join an ever-growing, innovative FTSE 250 company who are a market-leader within the Aerospace, Defence and Intelligence Technology sector.
The company are at the forefront of cutting-edge R&D and disruptive weapon technologies through their technical engineering and scientific expertise which act as a catalyst to develop technologies to maintain the security of global infrastructure and security.
- Offering a competitive salary of up 55k, a flexible hybrid and rewarding working environment which offers rapid internal career progression.
- Responsible for creating and overseeing the bidding process - a detailed, costed and persuasive proposal to gain business contracts and ensure beneficial pricing for the organisation.
- Negotiates favourable terms, volume discounts and long-term contracts with suppliers and prepares and processes requisitions and purchase orders.
- Acquires and maintains understanding of technology trends, market forces, cost trends and supplier technology road maps.
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to organisation policy.
- The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for executing the cost effective and timely delivery of procurement sourcing projects.
- The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for driving the sourcing process, identification of Risk and Opportunities, and for working collaboratively with key stakeholders to execute the procurement strategy.
- The Supply Chain Manager will need to be able to develop new supplier relationships. This will require knowledge of specific defence, engineering and/or cyber domains and associated supply chains.
Desired Skillset & Experience
- Looking for a self-starter who possesses Procurement and Supply Chain Management experience, relevant knowledge & experience of procurement and a proven track record of success within the industry.
- The Supply Chain Manager should be delivery, achievement and customer focussed with both a propensity to exceed expectations and the ability to thrive independently with a high degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Confident communicator, influencer & relationship builder. A professional who is detail orientated by nature and possesses the ability to problem solve.
- Collaboratively develop plans with key stakeholders to ensure alignment of targets, improve supplier performance, and implement continuous improvement plans across spend.
Degree in a Business or Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience | CIPS Qualified or equivalent experience | 3+ years in a Procurement or Supply Chain related role | Proven contract negotiation skills | Experience of Commercial process
Key Words - supply chain manager, supply chain management, procurement, aerospace, defence, intelligence, technology, manufacturing, contracts, negotiation, bidding, bid, bid manager, RFQ, RFP, purchasing, purchasing manager, procurement manager, Hampshire, Basingstoke, Woking, Reading, Guildford, Slough, Aldershot, West London, Portsmouth, Southampton, Salisbury, Dorset, Malvern, Bristol, Gloucestershire, Worcestershire, Bournemouth, Wiltshire, South West, England, SC clearance
Award-winning recruitment specialist with an exclusive global pool of procurement, operations and supply chain talent.
Working with a wide range of small start-ups through to large FTSE 100 businesses, Bramwith Consulting has established a reputation for excellence, delivery and market knowledge.
Our expert consultants, work on both contingency and retained search mandates with clients, advising and assisting them in hiring niche Procurement staff. Our experienced recruiters have proven track records establishing and developing relationships with clients and candidates alike, allowing us to provide the highest calibre of candidates and job opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert