Approvals Assurance Manager
Job Identification: 221034
Locations: 2 Snowhill, Birmingham, B4 6GA, GB
Full time, Permanent
Apply Before: 6 June 2023, 11:59 PM
Salary: “Base salary: £36,300 c. £45,350 pa depending on skills and experience. In addition, we offer flexible benefits fund of 15% which is paid on top of base salary and is fully pensionable, as well as a range of competitive benefits - check them out in the Benefits section on our website.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential. In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
As a Procurement and Approvals Assurance Manager at HS2 you will support the Senior Approvals Assurance Manager by working as part of a flexible and multi-disciplinary Commercial & Approvals function, leading on a variety of procurement and investment decision assurance reviews (second line of defence across all areas of the Procurement life cycle (PQQ, ITT, Moderation and Contract Management Plans).
About the role:
- Be responsible for the independent reviews, with manager support, of Procurement and investment decision-making assurance activity including PQQ, ITT, Moderation and CMP documentation, while acting as an advocate and champion for the brand and integrity of assurance.
- Assist the Senior Approvals Assurance Manager in procurement and contract management activity at key stages of the procurement and investment life cycle, in line with the applicable assurance framework, and produce assurance reports as required.
- Work with teams such as Compliance/Procurement to ensure that the conclusions from assurance reviews and compliance analyses are understood, prioritised appropriately and fed into improvement plans.
- Actively participate in the delivery, and continuous improvement of the commercial assurance and investment decision-making assurance framework.
- To assist the Senior Approvals Assurance Manager in the delivery of specific projects/initiatives to implement and embed the HS2 approvals assurance policy, strategy, procedures and reporting format across the organisation.
- Establish effective relationships with key stakeholders to facilitate effective and timely assurance reviews and contribute to the maintenance of an accurate pipeline of assurance activity.
- Maintain good working relationships with partners (e.g. Department for Transport, Network Rail, P-Rep, IAP), other assurance providers within and outside HS2 Ltd.
- Contribute to the development of assurance engagement and training materials that support delivery of effective assurance throughout the HS2 programme;
- Actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work, and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Ability to support the end to end delivery of assurance reviews to a professional standard and to agreed deadlines, working with assurance providers, both internally and from 3rd parties where required
- Knowledge off the procurement and contract management lifecycle
- Knowledge of applicable EU and UK procurement legislation.
- Professional procurement and/or assurance qualifications (e.g. MCIPS/Audit) or equivalent
- Assurance, internal control or audit experience within both the private and public sector is preferable
The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with the HS2 values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity and Respect
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert. Any applications received after the closing date will not be considered.