Salary - £56,835 pa
It’s an exciting time to join Northamptonshire Partnership Homes (NPH) as we expand and grow our business, whilst developing and improving existing services for our residents.
We deliver housing services on behalf of West Northamptonshire Council (WNC), supporting them to deliver their housing strategy and ambitious development programme. We believe that everyone deserves a safe, high-quality home that meets their needs. We understand that demand for affordable housing, locally and nationally, significantly outstrips supply and the impact this has on individuals and families. We are therefore committed to building as many new homes as possible, developing innovative solutions and maximising partnerships to positively impact the communities we work in.
We pride ourselves on the culture we’ve created, which is open, transparent, supportive and community spirited. With excellent learning and development opportunities, flexible working arrangements and a fantastic team; NPH is a great place to work. The dedicated careers page on our website lists the fantastic benefits we offer. You can also hear why our colleagues love working for NPH.
Take a look at the opportunities below, which for the right candidates, have the potential to make a huge difference.
We are seeking a Head of Procurement to join our Finance and Procurement Team. This is an exciting role where you will be instrumental in the delivery of our new 2023/26 Procurement Strategy and implementing the Procurement Reform changes, whilst continuing to build and develop the procurement function within NPH. You will have responsibility for the management, development and mentoring of the Procurement Officer and be able to plan and ensure the delivery of robust and effective contract management process across the business. NPH has a budgeted expenditure of £70m agreed for 2023/24 which supports our ambitious development programme to build new homes, support the rejuvenation of existing stock in addition to the many varied serviced provided as social housing managing agent for our parent company West Northamptonshire Council.
We are looking for an individual who:
- Has a CIPS qualification or equivalent (preferably MCIPS).
- Is educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Can demonstrate significant senior management experience in planning procurement and contract management.
- Can evidence experience of working in a social housing, facilities, or contract management environment.
- Has a deep understanding of Value for Money, its impact, and implications for social housing at a corporate and social level.
- Has proven leadership skills capable of leading contract negotiations with a strong finance, governance, and commercial appreciation to deliver business value.
- Has exceptional interpersonal skills and is able to communicate effectively at all levels from operational needs to Committee/Board reporting.
- Is self-motivated, results-driven with a clear focus on achieving targets and objectives for the benefit of the procurement team, NPH and key stakeholders.
- Has strong commercial awareness, acumen, and risk management skills.
- Has proven negotiation skills of complex contracts and solution focussed.
- Someone who has a comprehensive understanding of the financial elements of development projects.
- Works collaboratively and has proven skills to develop and mentor team members.
This role offers a brilliant opportunity to further your career and experience working for an Arms-Length Management Organisation which is considered as a key development and delivery partner for West Northamptonshire Council. You will also have the chance to make a meaningful and significant contribution towards the delivery of procurement services, Value for Money, and contract management to supporting the needs of stakeholders and ultimately for the benefit of our tenants.
We provide a range of benefits to employees which includes:
- Holiday entitlement of 28 days a year (plus public bank holidays), increasing to 33 days after 5 years’ service;
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (employer’s contribution currently 19.6%);
- Free parking;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Discount platform;
- Wellbeing initiatives;
- Low emission lease car scheme;
- Flexible working arrangements.
To apply, please submit your CV and a supporting statement of no more than 3 sides of A4 telling us how you meet the criteria.
Closing date: 5th June 2023 (noon)
Shortlist: w/c 5th June 2023
Interview: date: Monday 12th June 2023
Please note we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for this role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
At NPH we value and respect all differences in all people, whether seen or unseen. We aspire to an inclusive working environment and a culture that reflects our colleagues and residents. Our colleagues have equal access to learning and development opportunities, and we create opportunities for their voice to be heard. We welcome applications from all regardless of race, faith, age, sexuality, gender identity, neurodivergence or disability. If we can make any adjustments to our recruitment processes to make it more accessible, we actively encourage you to let us know.